Halter Ranch Vineyard
Halter Ranch is located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District.
8910 Adelaida Road | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Open by appointment only.
Monday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dec 24: Closed
Dec 25: Closed
Lunch Service | 11:00AM - 3:30PM
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
- AboutHalter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in Paso Robles on California’s Central Coast. It is protected from the ocean by the Santa Lucia Mountain Range. Halter Ranch has a rich history combined with a commitment to quality, science-driven sustainable methods, and environmental stewardship.
Hansjörg Wyss purchased the original property in 2000, renovated the 19th-century Victorian farmhouse, and enlarged the vineyard. The estate spans over 2,700 acres, with 200 acres of sustainably produced wine grapes, 10 acres of walnuts, and organically certified 17 acres of olives.
Halter Ranch produces 100% estate-grown Rhône and Bordeaux-style wines. Primary wines produced are Grenache Blanc, Grenache-based Rosé, CDP (a Rhône style GSM), Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, and the flagship Estate Reserve, Ancestor.
Winner of the Environment Award, California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards.
- Wines ProducedAlicante Bouschet
Petite SirahPicpoul Blanc
Red Rhône-Style Blend
White Rhône-Style Blend
Tennessee Jimmy Harrell at Halter Ranch
Sun | Aug 28, 2022Join us at Halter Ranch for live music by Tennessee Jimmy Harrell on Sunday, August 28th from 12 PM-3 PM. Tennessee-born & raised, Jimmy Harrell plays a mix of classic country, western swing, and classic... View Event Details >
James Gentry at Halter Ranch
Sun | Sep 4, 2022Join us at Halter Ranch for live music by James Gentry on Sunday, September 4th from 12PM-3PM. Reservations are required and can be booked through our website. View Event Details >
IMUA at Halter Ranch
Sun | Sep 18, 2022Join us at Halter Ranch for Live Music by IMUA on Sunday, September 18th from 11 AM-3 PM. “IMUA” translates “to move forward” in native Hawaiian culture. This San Luis Obispo-based... View Event Details >
The Cliffnotes at Halter Ranch
Sun | Oct 2, 2022Join us for live music hat Halter Ranch by The Cliffnotes on Sunday, October 2nd from 12 PM-3PM. Groove and dance to New Orleans jazz, blues, and classic rock. View Event Details >
- Press & Accolades
- Jul 2019 | Winery of the Year
- 2017 International Award of Excellence in Sustainable Winegrowing, Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT®), Jan 2017, Gold Medal
- 2016 Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards, California Green Medal, Jun 2016, Green Medal (Environment)