Tasting Room Attendant – PART-TIME
Aug 05, 2020 | Denner Vineyards
Denner Vineyards is pleased to announce an existing opportunity to join our Hospitality team. We are a Rhone and Bordeaux producer located on Vineyard Drive in Paso Robles, CA. Our tasting room is open by appointment seven days a week from 10am – 4pm. We have chosen a table side pouring experience for our club members and guests in a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. Our philosophy is to provide an inviting and knowledgeable tasting while complementing our wines and creating an enjoyable experience.
This is a part-time role primarily on Saturday & Sunday including holidays and events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Tasting Room Manager, the Tasting Room Attendant is responsible for the following:
1) Availability on Saturdays & Sundays, holidays and events
2) Passion for great food and wine
3) Conduct and present oneself in a professional manner consistent with a high-touch, luxury experience
4) Ability to execute excellent customer service while responding to the level of guest appointments
5) Positive, energetic approach to guests and peers
6) The ability to communicate to small and large groups
7) An enthusiasm to share wine knowledge with others
8) The ability to navigate POS system and wine club software
9) Contribute to a positive, collaborative team atmosphere
10) Performs other duties as assigned by their manager
11) Prior tasting room experience favorable
Candidates should be:
1) 21 years of age or older
2) Ability to stand for 6-8 hours at a time
3) Ability to lift 50 lbs.
4) Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
5) Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
6) Excellent customer service skills
7) Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Competitive hourly rate provided, along with wine club and sales incentives.
Submitted By:Denner Vineyards
Part-Time Tasting Room Host
Aug 05, 2020 | Ancient Peaks Winery
Work as a team member to support tasting room operations in a manner that maximizes the sales potential of the winery, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Principal functions include sales, customer service, product knowledge, cash register operations and product presentations. Employees are required to work weekends; which may include special events and extended hours.
• Prepare Tasting Room for daily openings and closings
• Deliver exceptional customer service
• Represent the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answer visitor’s questions
• Effectively suggest and sell wine to customers
• Memorize club benefits, and effectively sell the wine club to customers; in the tasting room and on the telephone
• Act as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, wine vintages and availability of products
• Responsible to maintain a high level of relevant wine, company and industry knowledge by remaining familiar with all current press information, memos and marketing information and other wine related publications
• Attend regularly scheduled monthly staff meetings and trainings
• Operate cash registers/POS system and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently including opening and closing procedures
• Being able to assist with serving Café items and bussing tables as needed to maintain a clean and professional environment
• Create/update Tasting Room documents (ex. tasting sheets/signs for wine specials)
• Assist with special events on-site and off-site, as needed (ex. food prep/floral arrangements/wine service)
• Washing and polishing glassware for tasting room
• Break down and recycle cardboard and glass
• Maintain cleanliness of tasting room, and all other customer related areas of the winery
• Assist with answering of the phones
• Perform periodic wine and non-wine inventories as needed
• Restock gift items as needed and alert manager of stock shortages
• Perform other duties assigned by Hospitably Manager
• Outstanding customer service experience
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with diverse client group
• Extensive knowledge of wines and wine production preferred
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Knowledge of commonly used practices and procedures used in merchandising
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to work weekends, major holidays, wine club pick up parties, association events and industry events
• Fluent in English
• Must be at least 21 years old
• 1-2 years’ related experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience preferred
• Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to talk to customers, stand and walk for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
• Must be able to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables and able to utilize dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects
• Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions
Submitted By:Ancient Peaks Winery
Waste Water and Pummus Hauling Available
Aug 04, 2020
Aug 04, 2020
JLG Man Lift
Aug 04, 2020
Ride-on Floor Scrubber
Aug 04, 2020
2020 Harvest Intern
Aug 04, 2020 | MCV Wines
MCV Wines is looking for a harvest intern for the 2020 vintage. The ideal candidate is motivated, hard working and eager to learn. You will be working on wines from multiple producers, so you will have the opportunity to see different styles and philosophies. Hours will vary, but there will be some long days. The candidate must be capable of standing for long periods, carrying loads greater than 60 pounds and have no aversion to being, wet, hot or cold or all at the same time. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Pay depends on experience.
If interested please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Submitted By:MCV Wines
Part-Time Tasting Room Attendant
Jul 30, 2020 | Castoro Cellars
Castoro Cellars is seeking a talented part-time Tasting Room/Patio Attendant to join our team. This enthusiastic individual is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our winery’s guests and must possess superior sales skills.
• Create a fun, high energy environment
• Make customers feel welcome and relaxed
• Promote the Castoro brand and story
• Follow all ABC rules and regulations
• Pour wine tastings for customers properly and efficiently
• Divulge the correct information to the customer about each wine
• Become proficient with our POS system
• Actively promote CC wine club and attract new members to join
• Fill WC orders and shipping needs
• Handle cash and credit card transactions
• Complete opening and closing tasks efficiently
• Help to maintain cleanliness, organization, stock levels and attractiveness of all work areas, supplies and merchandise displays
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Friendly and outgoing disposition with a thirst for knowledge and desire not only to learn about wine but educate consumers about it as well. Must be alert and attentive. Must be self-motivated and goal orientated. Ability to work alone or in a team well and efficiently. Must be able to multitask and work in high energy environment and maintain order during busy days. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
• Must be 21 years or older
• Display knowledge, understanding and sensitivity while delivering excellent customer service
• Must be available to work weekends, holidays, weekdays and local events
• Use effective communication with a professional and welcoming manner
• Passionate about wine and food and motivated to continue to learn
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
• Service Industry experience is a strong plus.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
Part-Time 20+hours per week Non-Exempt Position.
Hourly Rate (DOE) plus tips and wine club bonus.
To apply, please submit resume to
Submitted By:Castoro Cellars
Location:Castoro Cellars Tasting Room
Jul 30, 2020 | Vina Robles Vineyards & Winery
Work location: 3700 Mill Road, Paso Robles, CA
Part-time position; non-exempt
Available to work Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5pm
The Cook reports to the Lead Cook
Assist the Lead Cook in preparing regular menu items and food for lunch service as well as
Assist the Lead Cook in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen, dishes, silverware, equipment
Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized
Adheres to Health and Safety and Food Safe Standards
Participates in winery special events as needed
Reports any maintenance issues as soon as they occur
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma/GED required
Culinary school diploma or certificate preferred
2+ years’ cooking experience in the restaurant industry
Able to read and follow standardized recipes
Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
ServeSafe Certification preferred
Ability to lift heavy loads, over 50 pounds
Please send resume to: Vina Robles Vineyards & Winery Attn. Human Resources 1200 Priska Drive Paso Robles, CA 93447 or respond by e-mail in PDF format. No phone calls.
ABOUT VINA ROBLES
Growers and makers of expressive, approachable estate wines from Paso Robles, California, Vina Robles owns and farms six estate SIP® Certified Sustainable vineyards in five sub-districts in the region. First class hospitality service is offered by way of unique, memorable experiences with wine, food and music at their core. The vineyards & winery are owned and managed by two Swiss families who have been farming winegrapes in Paso Robles for more than 20 years.
Known primarily for their Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah, the Vina Robles lineup includes small lots of a wide range of varieties and creative blends. While adhering to traditional winemaking methods, veteran winemaker Kevin Willenborg implements modern technologies to make his estate wines with minimal intervention.
Submitted By:Vina Robles Vineyards & Winery
Jul 29, 2020 | Ecluse Wines
Écluse Wines is looking for a reliable and enthusiastic person interested in becoming a part of our team for the 2020 Harvest. Duties include pre-harvest fruit evaluation, harvest, crush pad work, equipment cleaning, lab work, punch downs, barreling, long hours and whatever is needed – we are a small but dedicated team! This can lead to a long term relationship for the right candidate!
Compensation based on experience.
Pend resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org - no phone calls please!
Submitted By:Ecluse Wines
Cabernet Sauvignon $3,500.00/Ton
Jul 28, 2020 | HammerSky Vineyards
Jul 28, 2020 | DAOU Vineyards & Winery
We’re looking for someone who will support the day-to-day needs of the incredible talent we have within DAOU. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for various functions of the People & Culture department, including talent, compensation, benefits, leave, reporting, and administration of company policies.
The ideal person for this position has proven expertise in Human Resources. To be a competent HR Generalist, you should be patient and compassionate, have excellent listening skills, and be able to multitask effectively.
Key Focuses and Responsibilities
- Work closely with management to gain comprehensive understanding of the company’s hiring needs for each position, and meet competitive hiring goals and expectations.
- Manage the full recruiting life cycle across a variety of open roles.
- Conduct resume and candidate screening as well as reference checks.
- Maintain a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects, hired and fire employees, and other candidate relationships.
- Follow up on interview process status and update records in internal database.
- Create and release offer letters to new hire prospects.
- Develop job ads and job descriptions as needed, ensuring all employees have a signed job description on file.
- Maintain job boards; internally and externally.
- Assists with the professional development of the organization’s personnel, involving employee orientation, development, and training.
- Assist with the administration of benefits at property level to include maintenance of current enrollment materials, private individual benefit records, HIPPA regulations, bill reconciliation, individual carrier web-site maintenance, liaison with Plan brokers.
- Assist with performance evaluations, development plans, and succession planning.
- Handles workers compensation claims from start to finish including employee outreach, proper documentation, and filing of claims.
- File necessary annual OSHA reports.
- Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in HRIS system in a timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Assist with the offboarding of DAOU employees by preparing separation notices.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Assist with department audits.
- Full Payroll cycle
What We Can Expect From You
- B.S Degree
- Spanish Speaking
- At least 2 years of experience in HR or People Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global or remote teams.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience with HRIS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong operational thinker, with a knack for solving problems and building solutions.
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- The ability to drive projects from inception to implementation.
- The ability to leverage data to help drive informed decision making.
- High level of business acumen; you understand the business on a deep level and the interdependencies of various teams and processes.
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solving problems.
- Ability to navigate confidential information with professional maturity.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
DAOU is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Submitted By:DAOU Vineyards & Winery
Jul 28, 2020 | HammerSky Vineyards
Jul 28, 2020 | HammerSky Vineyards
Line Cook / Prep Cook – Bovino Vineyards
Jul 27, 2020 | Bovino Vineyards
Assists the Chef in kitchen with food prep, cooking and any and all tasks required from the Chef to keep the kitchen running smoothly and customers happy. Taking food to tables when needed. Needs to have or study and apply for a Food Handlers License (we will pay for the fee).
Submitted By:Bovino Vineyards
Part-time Tasting Room Associate
Jul 27, 2020 | Robert Hall Winery
The candidate will work directly with Tasting Room Manager. The ideal candidate must love wine, be available to work weekends, holidays and special events. Position includes compensation, plus commission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Possess a friendly, positive attitude with a love for wine Ability to provide exceptional customer service, creating a fun, educational and memorable experience for guests Ability to learn our history and share it, while conducting tours for large groups Effectively sell wine club memberships Daily tasting room cleaning and organizing Ability to multi-task in a busy environment Ability to communicate effectively with all guests and team members.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 21 years of age Prior experience and wine knowledge desirable Experience with computers with a POS system desirable Ability to stand for extended periods of time Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
All candidates must: pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen and adhere to all Company, Federal and State Food Safety Regulations and Policies This organization participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employee
Submitted By:Robert Hall Winery
Location:Robert Hall Winery
Full Time Tasting Room Attendant- San Simeon
Jul 23, 2020 | Hearst Ranch Winery- San Simeon
Hearst Ranch Winery is looking for a full-time tasting room associate for their San Simeon tasting room. Our ideal candidate has a passion for wine, a willingness to learn, is a self-starter and detail oriented. Customer service skills and a positive attitude are a must. Hearst Ranch Winery comes with an incredible history and is dedicated to the “Legacy of Quality” that we have established with our portfolio of wines. Basic knowledge of wine is preferred but not required. We are happy to train and educate the right person. Due to our location, candidates must be able to provide excellent customer service to wide range of customers. This person will play an active role in our winery events hosted at the winery, with the opportunity to pour and work at tastings or events outside of the tasting room if desired. Weekend availability is a must.
Paid Time Off
Responsibilities and requirements:
Welcome every guest that comes in to the tasting room
Actively sell wine club memberships to guests
Create a positive, educational and memorable experience for all visitors
Must be willing to assist in the cleaning and sanitation of the tasting room
Maintain a professional appearance
Hard-working and able to work well within a team
Available to work weekends and some holidays
Work within a POS system for entering sales transactions and managing wine club details for clientele
Confident in handling cash in a fast paced environment
Be able to stand for long periods of time
Have a reliable form of transportation to and from San Simeon
Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Submitted By:Hearst Ranch Winery- San Simeon
Location:San Simeon - 442 SLO San Simeon Road, San Simeon
Concerige / Host
Jul 23, 2020 | Calcareous Vineyard
Calcareous is a family-owned, premium boutique winery seeking passionate Concierge/Host Position. We are looking for energetic candidates that want to be a part of a small dedicated team to help us create and maintain our welcoming environment. The ideal candidate will need to have previous experience and willingness to learn and grow. Candidates must have the flexibility to work weekends and some holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create a warm, welcoming atmosphere
• Answer phones and assist guest with booking new reservations or updating current reservations
• Seat guests at tables assigned
• Providing the guest with menus and answering initial questions
• Assigning guest to tables
• Assist with clearing tables
• Assist with special events as needed in tasting room
• Must be team oriented and collaborative
• Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically at all times
• Maintain clear communication with Tasting Room Manager
• Other duties as assigned
• Customer Service Oriented
• Positive attitude, clear communication skills, organized and highly motivated
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be 21 years of age to apply
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods as required by job duties
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
All resumes can be emailed to email@example.com and must be accompanied by an introductory letter, resume, and references.
Submitted By:Calcareous Vineyard
Location:Paso Robles CA
Weekend Tasting Room Associate
Jul 23, 2020 | Red Soles Winery
Red Soles Winery & Distillery is seeking enthusiastic tasting room attendants to add to our team. We’re looking for friendly personalities to help us sell wine and spirits, provide great customer service and assist with general tasting room duties during the weekend. We take pride in excellent customer service and a welcoming work environment. You must enjoy interacting with guests and appreciate wine, possess basic computer skills, the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift fifty pounds throughout the course of a day. Shifts will include most Saturdays and Sundays and occasional week day shifts as needed. We’ll pay for your experience! Please email your resumé to apply.
Submitted By:Red Soles Winery
Location:Red Soles Winery & Distillery
Harvest Office Space Needed
Jul 21, 2020 | G3 Enterprises, Inc.
Cellar Worker (Tech 1)
Jul 21, 2020 | Robert Hall Winery
SUMMARY: Assists in all phases of winemaking process, as well as care, maintenance, and sanitation of all equipment and facilities. Candidates should strive to learn something new each day, while being proactive and attentive to crafting high-end wines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Must be able to read and understand work orders.
• Must be able to gauge tanks accurately.
• Must understand and obey all safety and work rules.
• Must be neat and clean in appearance.
• Must learn the following:
a) How to assist unloading of trucks at crop reception.
b) How to make crush additions at crop reception.
c) How to safely and effectively clean crop reception area.
d) How to water back fresh crush pomace.
e) How to rehydrate yeast and inoculate fermenters.
f) How to make fermentation additions.
g) How to pump over red fermenters.
h) How to safely and effectively clean pump over apparatus
i) How to clean and sanitize general winery equipment.
j) How to load bulk trucks as per requirements.
k) How to mix and wine tanks.
l) How to fill and empty wine barrels.
m) How to make additions to and top wine barrels
n) How to operate forklift.
• One to two years’ experience in wine or related industry preferred.
• Ability to work any shift 7 days a week.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have current California driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Regularly required to roll, move, and/or lift 60-gallon wine barrels when needed.
• Must be able to stand, stoop, lean, lift and squat.
• Work long hours during peak periods.
• Climb stairs and ladders
• Ability to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
• Works in wine cellar where temperatures are cool and noise level is usually moderate to high at times.
• Exposed to outside temperatures on a regular basis.
The employee is expected to adhere to all Company, Federal and State Food Safety
Submitted By:Robert Hall Winery
Location:Robert Hall Winery 3443 Mill Road Paso Robles, CA 93446
Part Time Tasting Room Associate
Jul 21, 2020 | L’Aventure
L'Aventure is a family owned, boutique style winery located in Paso Robles, CA. We are looking to hire a part time Tasting Room Attendant to join the team on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and cover weekday shifts when needed. We operate a tasting room atmosphere that is both fun and educational.
The ideal tasting room attendant will be friendly, easy going, enthusiastic and confident in their ability to teach the public about our wines. The position involves promoting L’Aventure wines by being welcoming, knowledgeable and passionate.
Duties and Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Make customers feel welcomed and engaged
- Comfortable speaking to people and larger groups
- Pour flight tastings for customers properly and efficiently (currently a little bit different due to COVID 19)
- Communicate and explain the current release of our wines
- Communicate and explain our story, winemaking process and philosophy
- Make reservations for tastings
- Be familiar with our POS system and be able to handle cash and credit card transactions
- Reconcile the cash/credit drawer at the end of the day
- Make sure our inventory is correct when opening and closing
- Keeping the tasting room clean and organized at all times
- Assist and grow our wine club, including yearly shipments, events and communications.
- Perform regular office administration duties by responding to emails, phone calls and booking tastings.
- Must be able to multitask, work in a high energy environment and maintain order during busy days
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable standing up for hours at a time
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Day and time may change from week to week but, for the most part you must be available Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 4:30PM with the occasional weekdays shift.
Jul 20, 2020 | Halter Ranch Vineyard
Halter Ranch Vineyard is located on the west side of Paso Robles (Paso Robles is located about halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles; it’s approximately 3.5 hours to either city) about 20 minutes from the town center. The property is just over 2,000 acres, with 206 acres under vine; the rest of the property is oak woodland and wildlife habitat. Our owner is passionate about sustainability and land conservation, and this philosophy is deeply rooted in everything we do. Our vineyard is certified sustainable and we have sustainable features to our winery as well. Our owner purchased the property in 2000, the first vintage was in 2002, and we moved into the new winery in 2011.
We are searching for a qualified individual to join our harvest team for 2020. You would work as part of a small crew that participates in all aspects of harvest operations as listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position itself is very versatile and cellar duties include but are not limited to: cap management (pump-overs, punch-downs, delestage), crush pad duties (sorting, cleaning etc.), inoculations, additions, brix and temp reading, drains, racks, digs, barrel work (steaming, barreling down, racking out of barrels, forklifting barrels), cleaning/sanitizing, bottling, vineyard sampling etc. There would also be ample training on real-time phenolic data (ran in house), plus inclusion in tastings and the exposure to a wide array of job duties within the winery.
During active harvest expect to work six days a week; we always make sure you get one day off, and we usually do not crush on the weekends so those are usually lighter days. During the week we try to keep the days to 12 hour days (normal overtime rules apply; 1.5 times pay after 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week), and we have swing shifts a couple times a week where you may be asked to work from 9am-9pm or something similar, but not a full overnight shift.
The position would start Sept. 8th and end November 20th.
WANT TO JOIN THE HALTER TEAM?
To apply submit resume to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time position with a commitment to work the schedule as stated above.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Submitted By:Halter Ranch Vineyard
Hospitality Associate – Shale Oak Winery
Jul 20, 2020
Shale Oak Winery is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about wine to work with our dynamic team! As part of the hospitality team, you will be working in a premier Gold Leed Certified Tasting Room, presenting SIP Certified (TM) wines and helping create an environment that is inviting and educational for all guests. This position will also work on-site events - both public and exclusive wine club events.
Compensation: Hourly Rate + Club Commissions + Tips
**Possible Full-time work for experienced and enthusiastic individual.
21 years of age
Able to work Saturdays and Sundays
Able to lift and carry 50lbs. (One case of Wine).
Stand for extended periods of time.
Knowledgeable about wine and vintages.
• Greeting guests as they come in and helping with seating.
• Hosting wine tastings in our Tasting Room and Outdoor Patio.
• Encouraging guests to sign up for Wine Club Membership
• Conduct private tastings as needed
• Accurately gathering contact information for all guests
• Keeping tasting room space clean and organized
• Stocking wine, merchandise and other Tasting Room supplies,
• Setting up for hosted tastings, cleaning and polishing wine glasses
• Successfully operating cash register and accurately entering orders. Experience with Wine Direct and other POS systems helpful.
• Email, Microsoft Word/Excel, POS and database management, and social media platform experience.
• Knowledge of wines, wine production, Ship Compliance, and Paso Robles AVA helpful.
• Able to adhere to ABC Standards including checking IDs for underage customers.
• Must enjoy four-legged guests -- we are a dog friendly winery!
Hours are typically 10:15 am - 6 pm. Event coverage and weekends are required of all Tasting Room staff. Ability to be on-call for emergencies is appreciated.
Please send RESUME to Pray@shaleoakwinery.com
Location:Shale Oak Winery - Paso Robles
2017 Clemens Leafer Tractor Attachment
Jul 20, 2020 | Sextant Wines
DTC Coordinator (P/T) – Turley Wine Cellars
Jul 17, 2020 | Turley Wine Cellars
Director to Consumer Coordinator (Tuesday-Thursday, 24 hours/week)
Turley Wine Cellars is a well-established, family-owned wine company with wineries in Templeton, St. Helena and Plymouth (Amador County). We are hiring an experienced coordinator to add to our existing team and contribute to the success of our membership allocation wine program.
This is a fast-paced position in a busy department with increasing potential for growth in the areas of member programs, campaigns, online store, database analytics and collaborating with our other properties and departments. This job also has the potential to develop into a F/T position for the right candidate. You will be required to perform your work in the office (not remotely), and Turley maintains strict protocols to ensure the safety of all employees.
You will be working with a fantastic team – fun, smart, hardworking, kind, respected within the organization – in an environment that is comfortable, casual, non-toxic and open (both in physical layout and welcoming of your ideas and input). This is an administrative position, not selling memberships in the tasting room or packing wine shipments. We may need you to work additional hours during our peak release season, including weekends on rare occasions, but the primary schedule is weekdays.
We value integrity, authenticity and taking care of our employees. Many have been with us for a long time, and we hope you will be, too. We are looking for someone who is dedicated, responsible, even-keeled, enjoyable to work with, and has the capacity and creativity to take this job to the next level.
-Providing consistently exceptional service (answering phones, responding to emails)
-Generating email campaigns
-Heavy data analysis requiring advanced Excel skills and use of pivot tables
-Assisting customers with order placement
-Order processing and fulfillment
-Resolving customer issues efficiently
-Previous experience in allocation or wine club administration with high volume membership
-Tech savvy (learns new programs quickly, trained in POS systems, must love Excel)
-Wine knowledge, experience and/or passion for wine
-Ability to focus for long periods at a desk (this is not a “wear many hats” role)
-High degree of accuracy without sacrificing quality for speed, able to focus on task at hand
-Self-awareness and thoughtful, mature attitude toward work product and personal interactions
-Desire and patience to become an expert in this position
-Stable job history, preferably with wine industry or hospitality focus
To apply, please email your resume (PDF) and cover letter. All submissions will be kept confidential. Thank you for your interest and best wishes in your job search.
Submitted By:Turley Wine Cellars
Location:2900 Vineyard Drive, Templeton
Part time -Tasting Room Associate
Jul 16, 2020 | Booker Vineyard and Winery
Eric and Lisa Jensen purchased 100 acres of the original Booker Brother’s property in 2001 with the intent of growing the best fruit for some of the best wineries in the area. After making wine with Justin Smith (of Saxum) for five years and Stephan Asseo (of L'Aventure Wines) for two years the Jensen’s decided it was time to create their own expression with Booker Vineyard. The 2005 vintage was Booker Vineyard's first release with the wines being made by our owner Eric Jensen.
We are entering into our 15th anniversary vintage with much excitement! We are building the seventh wine cave in all of Paso Robles, running underneath our brand-new tasting room, with an elevator to move from the cellar. We are cultivating an experience unlike anything this area has seen, and we are ready to build the most incredible team to match. Want to join the Booker family, work directly for the owners, have Friday team lunches, do team yoga on Wednesdays, and oh yeah sell a ton of some of the best wine in Paso. Then this is the job for you!
We are looking for team members responsible for delivering excellent customer service and experiences to those visiting us. A hospitality heart is a must! We are looking for part-time 2-4 days per week. Weekends mandatory. Must be 21 years old to apply.
Qualifications and Skills
· Attention to detail
· Strong customer service skills
· Excellent communicator
· Team player
· Effective sales person
· Positive attitude
· Wine related experience helpful
Submitted By:Booker Vineyard and Winery
Summerwood 2020 Harvest Intern
Jul 15, 2020 | SummerWood Winery
Grapevines continue to grow and wine needs to be made! Summerwood Winery & Inn, located on the West side of Paso Robles, is seeking a focused and detail-oriented intern to assist with the 2020 harvest. This hands-on position will provide experience in all areas of winemaking from grape to bottle.
DUTIES of the POSITION INCLUDE:
• Vineyard and Cellar Sampling
• Laboratory Analysis (Brix, pH, TA, FSO2)
• Processing Grapes – sorting, loading presses, barreling down juice/wine, performing additions
• Fermentation Management – monitor tanks and barrels, punch-downs, emptying fermentation tanks
• Barrel Work – filling, racking
• Cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES of CANDIDATE:
• Highly motivated and hardworking with a passion for wine and winemaking
• Dependable and willing to work long, extended hours including weekends
• Availability from approximately early August through early December
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English along with basic math skills
• Possess current driver’s license and have clean DMV record; forklift experience desired
• Prior harvest experience preferred, but exceptional applicants without cellar experience may be considered
WINERY WORK and CONDITIONS REQUIRE that EMPLOYEES are ABLE to:
• Walk, stand, bend or kneel for prolonged periods
• Frequently move up and down stairs
• Lift up to 60 pounds
• Work in areas that may be cold, wet and noisy
• Function in hot outdoor temperatures and conditions
• Traverse uneven vineyard terrain
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a small winemaking team on all aspects of harvest and winery operations. Interested candidates may submit a resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and why you would be a great addition to our team!
Submitted By:SummerWood Winery
Location:Summerwood Winery | Paso Robles
Cook needed for La Cucina at Broken Earth Winery
Jul 13, 2020 | Broken Earth Winery
Broken Earth, as a brand, was born from the heritage of the vineyard property, originally named “Rancho Tierra Rejada” or land of worked earth. Broken Earth represents that heritage, sustainability and excellence. The pioneering spirit of early Paso Robles, lives in each bottle of Broken Earth wine today across 35 states domestically and numerous countries abroad.
Our Restaurant, La Cucina is hiring for an experienced and talented Cook. La Cucina is based around a beautiful Italian Stefano Ferrara wood fired pizza oven open for the public to view the cooking process.
Success in this role will require all of the following:
• Prepare pizza dough and all other pizza ingredients
• Develop and execute weekly and seasonal menu changes
• Evaluate inventory to ensure fresh ingredients and adequate stock
• Complete pizza orders in a timely fashion
• Assist with cleaning dishes and bussing tables
• Prepare, assemble, and cook customer orders to particular desires
• Ensure hygienic cooking conditions, such as proper storage, preparation, cleanliness etc.
• Complete opening and closing duties for the kitchen
• A warm and outgoing personality with a passion for food and customer service
• The ability to multi task
• Work in team environment with a positive attitude
• Must have valid or be able obtain a food handler’s certification
• Food costing and inventory experience
• Experience with wood fire oven and pizza preparation, highly desired
Type of Work
Dependent on experience
Please reply to this with your resume and a brief explanation of why you think you are the best candidate for this role.
Submitted By:Broken Earth Winery
Location:Broken Earth Winery Tasting Room
Part-Time Wine Educator
Jul 13, 2020 | Lone Madrone
Lone Madrone is a small family owned winery in the hills of West Paso Robles. We specialize in westside, dry-farmed vineyards within the Adelaida, Willow Creek and York Mountain AVA's. We feature ultra premium and luxury wines that are pure expressions of the land from which the grapes grow.
We are looking for that special team player that has the innate ability to convey a story and captivate an audience. It is indeed about the education, yet the grounds on which our tasting room resides make it an easy going and inviting setting to enjoy these wonderful wines. It is energy, passion, and enthusiasm we seek; and a special workplace and team you want. Lets see if we are a fit!
Qualified applicants are required to work Saturdays and Sundays. The position has holiday and event availability and the potential for hours at our Bristols Cider House.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Outstanding customer service
Educate customers on brand, wine, vineyards and region
Ability to create a fun, inviting enthusiasm while educating
Conduct Pinnacle Tastings (private tastings)
Create brand ambassadors
Sell Wine Clubs
Multi task in fast paced environment
Strive in helping the team succeed
Ability to operate POS; a plus if you have knowledge of Orderport
Cleaning the premise before and after shift
Restocking of wines and packaging material
Ability to lift 50lbs
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Wine knowledge not a must, but passion for it is.
Highly competitive wages, commissions and gratuities.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email specified