Wild Coyote Estate Winery/Distillery

We are the House-Of-Reds;big, bold, unfiltered, limited estate grown, dry farmed, 100% pure varitals

  • About
  • Vineyard Details
  • Varieties Grown
  • About
    DOC&AG… "Designation of Origin Controlled & Authenticity Guaranteed". Wild Coyote Estate Winery is proud to be one of the first wineries in the USA to adopt the European DOCG model, which sets guidelines for the strictest vineyard/winery production practices. We even redefine it as DOC&AG; All the grapes grown & winemaking MUST be a single site and under one person's control, low production yields (2-3 tons/ac), dry farmed, hand harvested, high sugar contents (above 25 brix), over 95% pure varietals, sorted & crushed delicately (1-2 tons/hr), oak barrel aged (min.18-mo), and non-filtered.
    "What it means is that, wines shouldn't be all about taste & price per bottle, but more so about the love and passion for winemaking with integrity. You are what you drink..."
    If you like the true taste of Westside Paso Robles fruit, then Wild Coyote Estate Winery can deliver exactly that. Our wines are close to 100% pure varietals, as compared to most other wines legally they only have to about 80% accurate, so it can legally be called varietal. Let’s face it, the other 20% can be any varietals which is not called out on the label, then the consumers really don’t know what is real.
    Also, we are not too shy in producing high alcohol content wines (14-16% alc) Gianni believes the wines under 14% are done mostly on purpose to pay less taxes and appeal to the masses. “We will not compromise the quality of the fruit that can produce world class wines, just so that we can save a few bucks.”
  • Vineyard Details
    • DOC&AG... "Designation of Origin Controlled & Authenticity Guaranteed". All the grapes grown & winemaking MUST be a single site and under one person's control, low production yields, dry farmed, hand harvested, high sugar contents, over 95% pure varietals, sorted & crushed delicately, oak barrel aged, and non-filtered.
    • First Date Planted: 1995
    • Row Orientations: North Facing on a terraced hillsides, rows going East to West
    • Row Spacings: 6x10
    • Trellis Type: T-post & wire, also old-world head-prune
    • Irrigated/Dry Farmed: Dry Farmed
    • Soil Types: Calcarius
    • Slope Description: terraced on major hill-side, North facing
    • Harvest Method: Hand Harvested
    • Wineries Supplied: Our Tasting Room. Family owned & operated since 1995, botique winery/distillery. Experience our spectacular mountaintop panoramic view at this beautiful hideaway. A one-of-a-kind Santa Fe style adobe tasting room, eclectic artwork, picnic area, or just take a walk out in our vineyards.
    Download Vineyard Map >
  • Varieties Grown
    • Cabernet Sauvignon | 2 acres

    • Malbec | 1 acres

    • Mourvèdre | 1 acres

    • Syrah | 3.5 acres

    • Tannat | 2 acres

    • Tempranillo | 2 acres

    • Zinfandel | 2.5 acres