Vino Vargas produces award-winning, limited production wines from single vineyards.
950 Indian Dune Road | San Miguel , CA 93451
Open by appointment only.
Daily: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Apr 16: Closed
Nov 23: Closed
Dec 24: Closed
Dec 25: Closed
Jan 01: Closed
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
- AboutVino Vargas produces award-winning, limited production wines with a focus on balanced wines that will enhance every meal and delight your palate. Winemaker Pedro Vargas works with a variety of grapes from the premier wine regions of California to craft luxurious single-vineyard wines. Each wine has a unique name and unique story and has garnered awards from prestigious competitions such as the San Francisco Chronicle International Wine Competition and the Sunset Magazine International Wine Competition. The collection of wines includes Pinot Noir, Tempranillo, Sangiovese, red wine blends based on Cabernet Sauvignon, Mourvedre, Syrah, and Grenache, as well as white wines made with Chardonnay, and Albariño. The winery is located in the hills of San Miguel, west of Highway 101, and is part of the Paso Robles American Viticulture Area. The winery's unique, rustic setting among vineyards and horse pastures lends itself to helping visitors relax, take in the views, and slow down to focus on the wine and the experience of rural California.
- Wines ProducedAlbariño
Red Rhône-Style Blend
Harvest Experience Wine Tasting
Sun | Oct 22, 2017To really experience harvest, you need to visit the small wineries where it can be up-close and personal. Vino Vargas will be open all weekend 10 – 5 pm so you can immerse yourself in the aromas,... View Event Details >
Sat | Nov 4, 2017Join us Saturday, November 4 for the 3rd Annual Harvest Winemaker’s Dinner. Join us for a night of lively conversation and delicious food and wine pairings. Start the night with a beautiful San Miguel... View Event Details >
- Press & Accolades
- Feb 2017 | Vino Vargas for the wine, the view, and the conversation
- 2014 El Taxi Cabernet Sauvignon, SF Chronicle International Wine Competition, Gold Medal
- 2014 Toro Tinto Tempranillo, SF Chronicle International Wine Competition, Gold Medal
- 2014 Tres Bien GSM, SF Chronicle International Wine Competition, Bronze Medal
- 2014 Rio Ruso Pinot Noir, SF Chronicle International Wine Competition, Bronze Medal