The purpose of the Templeton Historical Museum Society is to collect, preserve and exhibit artifacts and records relating to the history of Templeton.
The Templeton Historical Museum Society was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in 1989, the realization of a dream of nearly 25 years earlier. The Horstman house, built in the 1920s by Albert Horstman, a prominent Templeton businessman, was donated to the society in 1994, and it serves as the museum where local memorabilia and photographs are displayed. Templeton's original railroad warehouse (behind the house) contains a 1925 Model T in original condition, an antique carriage and other items too large to put into the house.
Subscribe to stay updated on all Paso Robles news and events