Pairing award-winning wines with exceptional service. Navigate…Explore…Discover…Sextant Wines.
2324 West Highway 46 and 1653 Maxwellton Street | Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo , CA 93446 and 93401
Daily: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Nov 24: Closed
Dec 24: Closed
Dec 25: Closed
Jan 01: Closed
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Vineyard Details
- Varieties Grown
- Press & Accolades
AboutSextant Wines started with a small planting of Cabernet, Zinfandel and Rhône varietals in the El Pomar District within the Paso Robles AVA. With every harvest proprietors Nancy and Craig Stoller grew their family-owned, estate acreage, now with vineyards stretching from San Luis Obispo to Monterey. Matching crisp, coastal air with the region’s nutrient-rich terroir, Sextant has been able to produce acclaimed, award-winning wines year after year.
Each of the old world varietals Sextant embraces are hand-harvested at full maturation promising full flavor and intense taste in every bottle. Craig Stoller, Director of Winemaking, leads production by crafting small-lot, site-specific wines, bringing forth unique characteristics to highlight their sense of place. Known for distinguished Bordeaux blends and complex Rhône style wines, the Sextant portfolio offers selections with top ranking scores from Wine Enthusiast and others.
Visit Sextant at two distinct locations on the Central Coast. The Estate Winery is set among stunning views of the Paso Robles countryside on scenic 46 West, and the Tasting Room and Gourmet Deli sit in the heart of the San Luis Obispo wine trail at the historic Old Edna town-site. Both offer reserve tastings complete with exquisite service and knowledgeable staff. Take your experience a step further and join the wine club to access exclusive benefits including private events and members-only wines.
- Sextant started in the El Pomar District of Templeton, and today our vineyards stretch from San Luis Obispo to Monterey. High lime soils make our vines work hard, creating intensely flavored wines with bold characteristics. Our low-yield vineyards are hand-harvested at full maturation to maintain the highest quality wines.
- First Date Planted: 2001
- Last Date Planted: 2016
- Row Orientations: Northwest by Southeast
- Row Spacings: 8' x 4'
- Trellis Type: Vertical shoot position
- Rootstock: 1103 Paulsen
- Irrigated/Dry Farmed: Drip 1 gal emmiters
- Soil Types: Linne Calodo Shaley Clay Loam, Diablo Limestone
- Slope Description: 10-25%
- Aspect: South-Southwest
- Harvest Method: Hand picked
- Wineries Supplied: Sextant Vineyards supplies grapes to Venteux, Zenaida, & Saucelito Canyon Wineries.
Cabernet Franc | 3.27 acres
Cabernet Sauvignon | 77.32 acres
Grenache Blanc | 7.27 acres
Malbec | 2.24 acres
Merlot | 7.23 acres
Mourvèdre | 2.45 acres
Petit Verdot | .98 acres
Petite Sirah | 3.88 acres
Sauvignon Blanc | .54 acres
Syrah Noir | 8.98 acres
Tannat | 1.12 acres
Viognier | .91 acres
Zinfandel | 21.24 acres
Other | 5.44 acres
Press & Accolades
- Genoa XX, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 91 points
- 2018 Night Watch, Proprietary Blend, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 92 points
- 2018 Caverio, Founder's Collection, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 92 points
- 2018 Octant, Bordeaux Blend, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 93 points
- 2018 Portolan, Founder's Collection, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 93 points
- 2018 Kamal, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 93 points
- 2018 Passage, Founder's Collection, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 94 points
- 2018 El Pomar, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 94 points