Penman Springs Vineyard
Taste the Art at Penman Springs Vineyard
1985 Penman Springs Road | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Open by appointment only.
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Friday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
No tasting until state Covid restrictions are lifted. Gift shop and wine purchases available.
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
- AboutVisitors can feel the warmth of Penman Springs Vineyards as soon as they pull into the parking lot. The rural landscape covered with vineyards and oak trees offer a sense of country peacefulness that make it hard to believe downtown Paso Robles is just three short miles away. The property’s elevation offers breathtaking views of the surrounding wine country, encouraging guests to enjoy the welcoming picnic area located just outside the tasting room doors.
The rustic tasting room offers a true sense of country charm. Owners Carl and Beth McCasland opened their tasting room in 2000, a time when Paso Robles was home to just 40-45 wineries. Back then the area was known as a premium grape growing area with unpretentious wineries. Wine lovers flocked to the area to discover the wonderful wines and learn the story of the winery from the owners themselves. The McCaslands have maintained that same atmosphere even as the area around them became populated with a plethora of new wineries large and small.
With the outstanding wines priced for every day drinking, the warm hospitality and the idyllic setting, it is no wonder Penman Springs draws visitors back time and time again.
- Wines ProducedAglianico
- Press & Accolades
- 2014 Reserve Petite Sirah, 2020 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Jan 2020, Double Gold
- 2016 Petite Sirah, 2020 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Jan 2020, Double Gold
- 2016 Petit Verdot, 2020 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Jan 2020, Gold
- 2016 Merlot, 2021 San Francisco Chronicle Compeiition GOLD, 2021 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Gold
- 2018 Old Block Cabernet Sauvignon, 2021 SF Chronicle Wine Competition BEST OF CLASS , San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Best of Class
- 2017 Petit Verdot, 2021 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition - GOLD, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Gold
- 2017 Petite Sirah, 2020 Central Coast Wine Competition - DOUBLE GOLD, Central Coast Wine Competition, Double Gold