MEA Wine is a boutique winery producing small lots of unique, handcrafted wines.
4405 Traffic Way | Atascadero , CA 93422
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Dec 25: Closed
Jan 01: Closed
Jul 04: Closed
Nov 23: Closed
Check our website at https://meawine.com/visit for changes on hours. We update our availability when attending events and holidays.
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
AboutMEA Wine Is a small, boutique winery located off the beaten path, in a building alongside the railroad right-of-way at the north end of Atascadero. Nestled between commercial properties and nearby residences, it provides a unique sense of place within the community, while still having the sense of the rural area.
We have a small estate vineyard on the west side of Paso Robles, in the Adelaida District of the Paso Robles AVA. In 2005, I acquired the property. In 2011, I planted small blocks of Albariño, Vermentino, Syrah, and Tempranillo. We are very proud to offer these precious small-lot estate wines, along with a few varieties that we purchase from nearby small vineyard properties.
The name "MEA" is the Latin term for "my". Translated, it means "My wine". It reflects the small, personalized aspect of our winery. Everything is done by us; our vision, our hands, our art. We hope that translates to special wines that you want to call yours. They are wines to be enjoyed and shared with family and friends.
Together with my fantastic other half, Daniela Medrano, we have made a home for our wine, and a place to invite friends, old and new, to come taste them and take them home to share with others. Come see us soon.
-John Merrick, Owner & Winemaker
We hope you find our wines as special as we do.
- Wines ProducedAlbariño
Red Rhône-Style Blend
Press & Accolades
- 2021 Reserve Viognier, 2023 Central Coast Competition, Double Gold
- NV GS'M' Red Blend, 2023 Central Coast Competition, Double Gold
- 2021 Ariba Rosé, 2023 Central Coast Competition, Gold
- 2020 Garnacha, 2023 Central Coast Competition, Gold
- 2020 Merlot, 2023 Orange County Fair Wine Competition, Gold
- 2019 Las Fuentes Tempranillo-Syrah Blend, 2023 SF Chronicle Wine Competition, Double Gold
- 2019 Retrospect Bordeaux Style Blend, 2023 SF Chronicle Wine Competition, Gold
- 2021 Albariño, 2023 SF Chronicle Wine Competition, Gold