Le Vigne Winery
Creating unique wines that portray characteristics of the vineyard and vintage that produced them.
5115 Buena Vista Drive | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Sunday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Vineyard Details
- About“Le Vigne” translates from Italian to “The Vineyard”. With his Italian heritage winery owner Walter Filippini takes tradition and old world processes very much to heart. Bearing this in mind the most influential aspect behind any wine is the vineyard. The vineyard is where the vines are rooted; where the grapes develop and ripen until harvest. For close to 100 days, the grapes are in the vineyard, developing the story that they will tell through the wine that is made.
The Filippini family history in the Paso Robles area began in the early 1960’s when winery owner Sylvia Filippini’s family purchased the property where the winery now stands. The first grapevines (Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay) were planted in 1982, as the current Paso Robles appellation was evolving into the wine region that it is today. As the vines matured, growers and winemakers began to see real potential for the area with its unique soils, climate and coastal influence. The grapes grown on the estate were very highly regarded by local producers. Recognizing the quality, the family began making wine with grapes from the property beginning in 1989. They built a state of the art winery in 1995 and developed additional vineyards in 1998. They expanded the winery's varieties to include Merlot, Syrah, Sangiovese, Cabernet Franc, and small blocks of Grenache, Petite Sirah, Malbec and Tannat.
Our goal is to create unique wines that portray characteristics of the vineyard and vintage that produced them.
- Vineyard Details
- Our three estate properties are all located within the Estrella sub appellation. Domenico, Acquarello and Ranchita Vista
- First Date Planted: 1982
- Last Date Planted: 2018
- Row Orientations: East to West
- Row Spacings: Varies
- Trellis Type: Modified VSP
- Rootstock: 1103P
- Irrigated/Dry Farmed: Irrigated
- Soil Types: Clay/loam, sand and limestone
- Slope Description: verries from undulating terrain to north and north westerly facing slopes
- Harvest Method: Hand or mechanical