The consistent attention to detail can be tasted with just one memorable sip.
3075 Blue Rock Road | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Friday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Nov 25: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dec 25: Closed
Dec 24: Closed
Tasting by appointment available at: https://www.exploretock.com/kaleidos
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Vineyard Details
- Varieties Grown
- Press & Accolades
AboutKaleidos is my passion, encompassing many elements of my life, including my love of family, Rhône varietal wines, and the rolling hills of west Paso Robles.
This project came about after I spent time working for both Clos Pepe Vineyards in Santa Rita Hills and Summerwood Winery here in Paso Robles. I learned much from winemakers like Wes Hagan and Scott Hawley, and ultimately decided to forge my own path. I bought 24 acres of beautiful westside Paso Robles property in 2004, parked my Airstream trailer, and rolled up my sleeves. I have planted about 2500 vines on a little more than an acre and have five more acres to cover. It’s slow going, but it’s important to me that this work gets done to my exacting sustainable standards, as I plan to be here for a long time.
The Kaleidos label is named for a shop my mother had when I was young, where she sold kaleidoscopes and other works of art. The name resonates with me personally, but also relates directly to my wines. As the light and colors of a kaleidoscope come together to create unique images, the vines here combine the elements of soil and sunlight to develop distinctive fruit characteristics.
The consistent attention to detail can be tasted with just one memorable sip. I welcome you to experience the fruit of my passion in a bottle. Dog and family friendly.
- First Date Planted: 2008
- Last Date Planted: 2016
- Row Orientations: East-West
- Row Spacings: 7'
- Trellis Type: VSP
- Rootstock: 1103P
- Irrigated/Dry Farmed: Minimal irrigation
- Aspect: South and West
- Harvest Method: Hand
- Wineries Supplied: All used for Estate wines.
Grenache Blanc | 1 acres
Syrah Noir | .25 acres
Mourvèdre | .25 acres
Press & Accolades
- 2021 Albarino, Wine Enthusiast, Sep 2022, 90 POINTS
- 2021 gRENACHE bLANC, WINE ENTHUSIAST, Sep 2022, 90 POINTS
- 2017 Syrah, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 94 points. Editor's Choice
- 2016 Morpheus, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 93 points
- 2017 Praying Mantis, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 91 points
- 2016 Carignan, Wine Enthusiast, Dec 2021, 92 points. Editor's Choice
- 2018 Praying Mantis, San Francisco International Wine Competition, Nov 2021, Gold
- 2019 PRAYING MANTIS, PURELY DOMESTIC WINE REPORT, 91 POINTS
- 2019 PRAYING MANTIS, WINE ENTHUSIAST, 90 POINTS
- 2019 PRAYING MANTIS, JAMES SUCKLING, 90 POINTS
- 2018 SYRAH RESERVE, WINE ENTHUSIAST, 95 POINTS
- 2018 SYRAH RESERVE, PURELY DOMESTIC WINE REPORT, 92 POINTS
- 2017 PRAYING MANTIS, PURELY DOMESTIC WINE REPORT, 93 POINTS
- 2018 PRAYING MANTIS, PURELY DOMESTIC WINE REPORT, 93 POINTS
- 2018 PRAYING MANTIS, WINE ENTHUSIAST, 90 POINTS