J Dusi Wines
A family tradition with a new perspective.
1401 Highway 46 West | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Daily: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Apr 01: Closed
Jul 04: Closed
Nov 22: Closed
Dec 25: Closed
Jan 01: Closed
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
- AboutI was born and raised on the Dusi Vineyard where my grandfather Dante taught me the old world Italian style of winemaking.
My family’s heritage dates back to the early 1920’s, where grape growing has been a craft that has deep roots in the Dusi family. The farming practices that were implemented by my great-grandparents eighty years ago, are still the standard that we follow today. The unique, hand crafted quality of J Dusi Wines results from my intimate involvement in every step of the process: working in the vineyard, driving the tractor, hand picking my own fruit, crushing the grapes and fermenting the juice from the bins to the barrels to the bottle. One thing that I know for sure; winemaking is part science, part art and 100% passion.
I take great pride in blending tradition with progress. My family has partnered together to purchase other vineyards, with different grape varietals, so with an adventurous spirit, I am able to produce more hand crafted wines to highlight my “spice rack” in the cellar.
My name is Janell Dusi. My true passion is Zinfandel. My label is J Dusi Wines. I am a farmer and I am a winemaker. I continue a legacy and also the dream: A family tradition with a new perspective
- Wines ProducedCarignane
Red Rhône-Style Blend
- Press & Accolades
- Sep 2018 | Paso Robles 2016 & 2015: New Releases
- Sep 2018 | Paso Robles in a Case – Some top picks from California’s answer to the Rhône Valley.
- 2015 The Don, by J Dusi Wines, Paso Robles, CA, Vinous, Sep 2018, 91 points. Deeb ruby. Pungent cherry pit, cassis, licorice and floral scents are sharpened by a building peppery nuance. Sweet and penetrating on the palate, offering intense dark fruit flavors that spread out and become smokier with aeration. Rich, yet surprisingly lively, finishing with smooth, even tannins and a touch of candied flowers.
- 2016 Paper Street Zinfandel, by J Dusi Wines, Willow Creek AVA, Paso Robles, CA, Vinous, Sep 2018, 93 Points. Youthful, violet color. Displays a complex array of ripe black and blue fruits, exotic spices and candied flowers, along with hints of vanilla and woodsmoke. Sweet and expansive on the palate, offering intense blueberry, cherry liqueur, violet pastille and mocha flavors that tighten up steadily on the back half. Finishes impressively long and sappy, with excellent clarity, sneaky tannins and lingering florality.
- 2017 Pinot Grigio, by J Dusi Wines, Paso Robles, CA, Vinous, Sep 2018, 88 Points. Bright straw color. Fresh lemon, pear and honeydew melon on the nose and in the mouth. Silky and open-knit, showing good clarity and a touch of warmth on the supple finish, which echoes the melon note.
- 2015 J Dusi Fiorento, Central Coast Wine Competition, Jul 2018, Double Gold Best of Class
- 2016 Paper Street "Cornflower Blue" Mourvedre, International Women's Wine Competition, Jun 2018, Double Gold Best of Class
- 2016 Paper Street Zinfandel, International Women's Wine Competition, Jun 2018, Gold
- 2017 J Dusi Pinot Grigio, Los Angeles International Wine Competition, Jun 2018, Gold Medal