J Dusi Wines
A family tradition with a new perspective.
1401 Highway 46 West | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Open by appointment only.
Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Apr 12: Closed
Nov 26: Closed
Dec 25: Closed
Jul 04: Closed
Dec 24: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Dec 31: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sep 07: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
- AboutI was born and raised on the Dusi Vineyard where my grandfather Dante taught me the old world Italian style of winemaking.
My family’s heritage dates back to the early 1920’s, where grape growing has been a craft that has deep roots in the Dusi family. The farming practices that were implemented by my great-grandparents eighty years ago, are still the standard that we follow today. The unique, hand crafted quality of J Dusi Wines results from my intimate involvement in every step of the process: working in the vineyard, driving the tractor, hand picking my own fruit, crushing the grapes and fermenting the juice from the bins to the barrels to the bottle. One thing that I know for sure; winemaking is part science, part art and 100% passion.
I take great pride in blending tradition with progress. My family has partnered together to purchase other vineyards, with different grape varietals, so with an adventurous spirit, I am able to produce more hand crafted wines to highlight my “spice rack” in the cellar.
My name is Janell Dusi. My true passion is Zinfandel. My label is J Dusi Wines. I am a farmer and I am a winemaker. I continue a legacy and also the dream: A family tradition with a new perspective.
- Wines ProducedCarignane
Red Rhône-Style Blend
- Press & Accolades
- May 2019 | Dante Silvestro Dusi
- Sep 2018 | Paso Robles 2016 & 2015: New Releases
- Sep 2018 | Paso Robles in a Case – Some top picks from California’s answer to the Rhône Valley.
- 2015 J Dusi Wines Fiorento Dante Dusi Vineyard , Jeb Dunnuck, Nov 2019, 89 points, Jeb Dunnuck
- 2016 J Dusi Wines Zinfandel; Paper Street Vineyard , Jeb Dunnuck, Nov 2018, 92 points, Jeb Dunnuck
- 2016 J Dusi Wines Mourvedre Cornflower Blue ; Paper Street Vineyard, Jeb Dunnuck, Nov 2018, 91 points, Jeb Dunnuck
- 2016 J Dusi Wines Zinfandel Dante Dusi Vineyard , Jeb Dunnuck, Nov 2018, 88 points, Jeb Dunnuck
- 2015 The Don, by J Dusi Wines, Paso Robles, CA, Vinous, Sep 2018, 91 points, Vinous.com
- 2016 Paper Street Zinfandel, by J Dusi Wines, Willow Creek AVA, Paso Robles, CA, Vinous, Sep 2018, 93 Points, Vinous.com
- 2017 Pinot Grigio, by J Dusi Wines, Paso Robles, CA, Vinous, Sep 2018, 88 Points, Vinous.com
- 2015 J Dusi Fiorento, Central Coast Wine Competition, Jul 2018, Double Gold Best of Class
- 2016 Paper Street "Cornflower Blue" Mourvedre, International Women's Wine Competition, Jun 2018, Double Gold Best of Class
- 2016 Paper Street Zinfandel, International Women's Wine Competition, Jun 2018, Gold
- 2017 J Dusi Pinot Grigio, Los Angeles International Wine Competition, Jun 2018, Gold Medal
We are open for tastings!
We are thrilled to welcome you back starting JUNE 12.
Our format will be a little different, by Reservation Only with 6 guests max.
One thing is for sure - you will still have tons of fun!