Specializing in terroir-driven single varietal wines such as Malbec, Albarino, Petite Sirah.
315 S. Main Street | Templeton , CA 93465
Open by appointment only.
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Vineyard Details
AboutClavo Cellars is a boutique winery located in beautiful downtown Templeton, Ca. Specializing in terroir-driven single varietal wines such as Malbec, Albarino, Petite Sirah, Vermentino, and Zinfandel. Stop by our tasting room to try some of the region's best wines! Neil Roberts put down roots on the Central Coast more than 20 years ago and today is recognized as one of the region's premier viticulturist, growing grapes for some of the region's finest vineyards under the banner of Roberts Vineyard Services. Neil is committed to "growing quality the right way", which includes emphasis on sustainable vineyard practices that nurture both the vines and the surrounding environment. His winemaking approach includes careful hand sorting of clusters prior to fermentation; sacrificing quantity for quality through light pressing of the grapes; using judicious amounts of new oak barrels to ensure balance as well as structure.
- Neil has chosen to only use fruit from the vineyards he manages. Clavo focuses on varietals that flourish in the micro-climates throughout Paso Robles. With access to some of the best vineyard sites on the Central Coast of California, we have created a brand that truly focuses on the best that our region has to offer.
- First Date Planted: 2010
- Row Orientations: Runs North to South
- Row Spacings: 8x10
- Trellis Type: Head pruned
- Rootstock: 1103P
- Irrigated/Dry Farmed: Dry Farmed
- Soil Types: Sandy Clay Loam
- Slope Description: 5% slope
- Aspect: South
- Harvest Method: Hand
- Wineries Supplied: Clavo Cellars Small amount sold to Turtle Rock Vineyards and also Monochrome Cellars