Visit Caliza to experience a true dedication to estate-grown, small-lot, handcrafted winemaking.
2570 Anderson Road | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Friday: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Apr 01: Closed
Nov 22: Closed
Nov 23: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Vineyard Details
- AboutSharing a love for both wine and the Paso Robles wine region, husband and wife team, Pam and Carl Bowker, dug into the limestone-rich soils of the Willow Creek District in 2005. Their passion for viticulture and winemaking shines through in each bottling of Caliza.
Starting in the dirt, is a must for Pam and Carl. So much so, their winery name, Caliza, is Spanish for limestone. The Bowkers oversee all aspects of viticulture. This allows them to meticulously control the winemaking process from vine to bottle. Boasting sustainably-farmed practices, their west Paso Robles vineyard, within the Willow Creek District, is planted primarily to Rhone varieties – Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Viognier and Roussanne. Though they have a passion for Rhones, they have a love for many grape varieties, thus their vineyard is also home to Tempranillo, Primitivo, Petite Sirah and Cabernet Sauvignon.
When at Caliza, you will taste their highly-acclaimed single varietal bottlings and unique wine blends. Each showcases the handcrafted nature that is truly second nature to the Bowkers. The small-lot wines of Caliza are beautiful representations of the Paso Robles wine region – bold and expressive, yet elegant to drink now or in the future.
The Caliza Family invites you to come enjoy a Paso-perfect day at their tasting room. Nestled amongst their estate vineyard, you will experience where their dedication to small-lot, handcrafted winemaking begins. Learn more at calizawinery.com.
- Vineyard Details
- Twenty acres of beautiful westside vineyards in the Templeton Gap (Willow Creek AVA) area planted primarily to Rhone varieties such as six clones of Syrah plus Grenache, Mourvedre, Petite Sirah, Viognier and Roussanne. Also planted are Tempranillo and Primitivo. All south facing slopes with 7' rows and vines at 3' & 4' spac
- First Date Planted: 2006
- Last Date Planted: 2006
- Row Orientations: North/South
- Row Spacings: 7'
- Trellis Type: VSP
- Rootstock: Various (1103P, 101-14, 3309)
- Soil Types: Limestone/Shale
- Slope Description: Hillside
- Aspect: South
- Harvest Method: Hand