Brecon Estate is a highly acclaimed, award winning boutique winery with contemporary architecture.
7450 Vineyard Drive | Paso Robles, CA 93446
Daily: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
May 29: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Amenities ( Hover for details )
EV Charging Station
Special Event Facilities
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
- AboutBrecon Estate is a highly acclaimed artisanal boutique winery that is at the forefront of producing world-class Paso Robles varietals including Petit Verdot, Albarino, Mourvedre and Syrah.
In just over two years, Brecon has amassed over 70 gold/double gold/platinum and a handful of best-in-class awards from the top tier wine review publications and competitions. Brecon was recently named “Winery of the Year 2016” by Doug Wilder of the very prestigious industry publication, purely domestic wine report.
Brecon’s contemporary architecture has also brought accolades from the domestic and international design world, including the “2016 Best of Winery Architecture” in CA Home + Design, finalist in Interior Design’s Best of Year Awards, and a Merit Design Award from the AIA.
Damian Grindley, Brecon's owner and master winemaker, is a proud Welshmen with over 20 years experience crafting some of the most highly awarded wines across the United States, Australia, and Europe. After working in Paso Robles seventeen years ago, he decided to settle down here to pursue his dream of producing the most intriguing varietals that have been popularized in Bordeaux, Rhone Valley and even Northern Spain.
Brecon’s wines are small batch fermented and production is sold exclusively on site through our tasting room. Brecon Estate is proud and humbled by all of these accolades and look forward to sharing these great accomplishments with other wine-loving enthusiasts. Cheers!
- Wines ProducedAlbariño
Petit VerdotPetite Sirah
Red Rhône-Style Blend
White Rhône-Style Blend
Brecon Starlit Albariño-themed Dinner
Friday | June 16, 2017As part of the 2017 Festival of Albariño, Brecon is hosting a dedicated Albariño evening featuring offerings of five different producers paired with amazing regional food. Tickets are $125pp for Wine... View Event Details >
Albariño Grand Tasting at Broken Earth Winery
Saturday | June 17, 2017As part of the 2017 Festival of Albariño, Brecon will be pouring at the grand tasting at Broken Earth Winery along with over 25+ Albariño producers who are “oh so” passionate about this varietal.... View Event Details >
- Press & Accolades
- 2014 Reserve Petite Sirah, Wine Enthusiast, Feb 2017, 93 points plus Editor's Choice
- Reserve Cabernet, Wine Enthusiast, Feb 2017, 93 points
- Brecon Estate Winery, Doug Wilder, pdwr, Dec 2016, 2016 pdwr Winery of the Year
- 2016 Winery of the Year, Purely Domestic Wine Report, Doug Wilder, Dec 2016, Winery of the Year
- 2014 Petit Verdot, Wine Enthusiast, Nov 2016, 90 points
- 2014 Meritage, Vinous, Sep 2016, 90 points
- 2014 Mourvedre, Wine Enthusiast, Sep 2016, 93 points
- 2014 Petite Sirah, Vinous, Sep 2016, 91 points
- 2014 Syrah, Wine Enthusiast, Sep 2016, 93 points
- 2014 Mourvedre, Vinous, Sep 2016, 90 points
- True Acacia Head, purely domestic wine report, Aug 2016, 92 points
- Albarino, purely domestic wine report, Aug 2016, 92 points