Brecon Estate is a highly acclaimed, award winning boutique winery with contemporary architecture.
7450 Vineyard Drive | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Open by appointment only.
Daily: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Wines Produced
- Press & Accolades
- AboutBrecon Estate is a highly acclaimed artisanal boutique winery that is at the forefront of producing world-class Paso Robles varietals including Petit Verdot, Albarino,Mourvedre and Syrah.
In its first couple of years, Brecon amassed over 90 gold/double gold/platinum and a handful of best-in-class awards from the top tier wine review publications and competitions. Brecon was also named “Winery of the Year 2016” by Doug Wilder of the very prestigious industry publication, purely domestic wine report.
Damian Grindley, Brecon's owner and master winemaker, is a proud Welshmen with over 20 years experience crafting some of the most highly awarded wines across the United States, Australia, and Europe. After working in Paso Robles a decade ago, he decided to settle down here to pursue his dream of producing the most intriguing varietals that have been popularized in Bordeaux, Rhone Valley and even Northern Spain.
Brecon’s wines are small batch fermented and production is sold exclusively on site through our tasting room. Brecon Estate is proud and humbled by all of these accolades and look forward to sharing these great accomplishments with other wine-loving enthusiasts. Cheers!
Powered by TrueTour™ Technology
- Wines ProducedAlbariño
Red Rhône-Style Blend
White Rhône-Style Blend
- Press & Accolades
- Aug 2017 | Donna Polizzi: Brecon Estate a Captivating Destination for World-Class Wines in Paso Robles
- 2015 Brecon Estate Syrah, Adelaida District, https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/brecon-estate-2015-syrah-adelaida-district/, Aug 2018, 94 points
- Brecon Estate Reserve 2016 Feral Underclass , Jerry Meads NWIWC, Mar 2018, 99 POINTS BEST OF VARIETAL : BEST OF CLASS : DOUBLE GOLD
- Brecon Estate 2016 Forty Two, Jerry Meads NWIWC http://www.nwiwc.com, Mar 2018, 99 POINTS BEST OF VARIETAL BEST OF CLASS DOUBLE GOLD
- 2014 Reserve Petite Sirah, Wine Enthusiast, Feb 2017, 93 points plus Editor's Choice
- Reserve Cabernet, Wine Enthusiast, Feb 2017, 93 points
- Brecon Estate Winery, Doug Wilder, pdwr, Dec 2016, 2016 pdwr Winery of the Year
- 2016 Winery of the Year, Purely Domestic Wine Report, Doug Wilder, Dec 2016, Winery of the Year
- 2014 Petit Verdot, Wine Enthusiast, Nov 2016, 90 points
- 2014 Meritage, Vinous, Sep 2016, 90 points
- 2014 Mourvedre, Wine Enthusiast, Sep 2016, 93 points
- 2014 Petite Sirah, Vinous, Sep 2016, 91 points
- 2014 Syrah, Wine Enthusiast, Sep 2016, 93 points
- 2014 Mourvedre, Vinous, Sep 2016, 90 points
- True Acacia Head, purely domestic wine report, Aug 2016, 92 points
- Albarino, purely domestic wine report, Aug 2016, 92 points