Allegretto Wines offers al fresco table side service featuring biodynamically farmed estate wines
2700 Buena Vista Drive | Paso Robles , CA 93446
Daily: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dec 25: Closed
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Vineyard Details
- Varieties Grown
- Press & Accolades
AboutAllegretto Wines utilizes sustainable practices in both vineyards by emphasizing biodynamic farming practices that provide optimal times for sowing, transplanting, cultivation, and harvesting using biodynamic preparations. These practices promote the forces that work dynamically within the soil, compost, and plants to ultimately provide healthier vines, earth, and health. Our belief is that superior quality fruit begins in the vineyard in order to craft exceptional estate grown wines.
Allegretto Wines encompasses two vineyards within two different sub-appellations of Paso Robles. Our estate and single vineyard wines are sourced from the vineyards that surround the Allegretto Resort in the Estrella District, as well as our westside vineyard in the Willow Creek District.
Our tasting room is located inside the picturesque Allegretto Vineyard Resort and al fresco wine tastings are offered on our patio. We are open daily from 11:00am - 5:00pm and offer tableside service. Reservations are recommended. Wine bottle purchases are available until 6:00pm.
Vineyard tours of the Allegretto Vineyard are available Friday-Monday mornings. The walking tour of the vineyard takes 45 minutes and ends with a tasting in the Allegretto Wines Resort Tasting Room. Comfortable and durable footwear is recommended. Space is limited and reservations are required for this experience.
- Willow Creek Vineyard has 18 Acres of Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec, Cab Franc, Petite Verdot, and Merlot Allegretto Vineyard has a total of 7 acres including Viognier, Vermentino, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tannat and Merlot surrounding the Allegretto Vineyard Resort.
- First Date Planted: 2010
- Last Date Planted: 2022
- Irrigated/Dry Farmed: Willow Creek Vineyard is dry farmed and Allegretto Vineyard is irrigated
- Soil Types: Willow Creek Vineyard has limestone, calcareous rock, and heavy clay soils / Allegretto Vineyard has alluvial soil with sandy and clay loams
- Harvest Method: Hand Harvested
Cabernet Sauvignon | 20 acres
Malbec | 2 acres
Tannat | 1 acres
Vermentino | .5 acres
Viognier | .5 acres
Merlot | .5 acres
Press & Accolades
- Oct 2017 | Top Resorts in Northern California: Readers’ Choice Awards 2017
- 2013 Allegretto Willow Creek Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (100% Cabernet Sauvignon), SF Chron International Wine Competition, Sep 2017, Gold Medal (92 pts)
- 2013 Allegretto Single Vineyard Zinfandel (100% Zinfandel), 2017 SF Chronicle International Wine Competition , Sep 2017, Gold Medal (92 pts)
- 2014 Allegretto Single Vineyard Viognier (100% Viognier), 2017 SF Chronicle International Wine Competition , Sep 2017, Silver Medal
- 2013 Allegretto Single Vineyard Tannat, 2017 SF Chronicle International Wine Competition , Sep 2017, Double Gold 95 pts
- 2013 Allegretto Single Vineyard Tannat, Tasting Panel Magazine, Sep 2017, 94 points
- 2013 Allegretto Single Vineyard Tannat, 2017 California Mid State Fair, Jul 2017, Best of Class
- 2013 Allegretto Willow Creek Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon , Midstate Fair, Jul 2017, Gold Medal