Ranchita Canyon Vineyard
We are a family owned vineyard & boutique winery, featuring handcrafted wines & beautiful views.
3439 Ranchita Canyon Road | San Miguel , CA 93451
Thursday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Nov 25: Closed
Dec 24: Closed
Dec 25: Closed
Apr 03: Closed
Apr 04: Closed
Apr 05: Closed
Appointment appreciated - Call us at 805-467-9448 or visit our website www.ranchitacanyonvineyard.com
Amenities ( Hover for details )
- Vineyard Details
- AboutRanchita Canyon Vineyard
3439 Ranchita Canyon Road - San Miguel
Open Thursday - Monday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Appointments are Welcome.
Overlooking beautiful Pleasant Valley, the Ranchita Canyon Vineyard and boutique winery is family-owned and operated with the goal to achieve rich, concentrated, bold fruit for our estate wines. The unique hilly location provides great views, and helps the carefully hand-tended vines produce high quality fruit. We have south facing rolling hills at 1000' -- 1400' elevation, with primarily calcareous soil. A vertical "V" shaped trellis system is used for optimum flecked sunlight. We farm using the latest best practices for canopy and irrigation management, and maintain balanced vines for even fruit maturation -- with low yields per vine/acre. The vineyard is hand pruned and hand harvested, and our farm plan emphasizes sustainable practices. Our fruit is known for making award-winning vineyard designated wines, and our own artisan wines are now being widely acclaimed. A wide range of Estate wines are available, including all 5 primary Bordeaux varietals & blends, "Old Vine" Zin & Petite Sirah, Sangiovese & a Super Tuscan, Lagrein, Cab Pfeffer, a unique blend with Grenache & Petite Sirah (our GPS,) 2 Port style wines, & Olive Oil for tasting. Come visit and see how we are "taking wine to greater heights....."
- Vineyard Details
- The original vineyard was planted in 1970, and there are still vines from that planting -- Old Vine Zinfandel, and Old Vine Petite Sirah. There have been additional plantings over the years, and we now have 11 different varieties planted. We are primarily growers, and sell about 90% of our wine grapes to other wineries.
- First Date Planted: 1970
- Last Date Planted: 2012
- Row Orientations: Various
- Row Spacings: 10' X 5'
- Trellis Type: Abbreviated California Sprawl
- Rootstock: 101-14 and 1103P
- Irrigated/Dry Farmed: Drip irrigation
- Soil Types: Calcareous
- Slope Description: South facing hills
- Aspect: South facing
- Harvest Method: Hand harvested
- Wineries Supplied: Tobin James, Justin, Hearst Ranch, Lightpost, Integrity Wines, Dark Star, Midnight Cellars