Wine Club Manager
Jan 20, 2021 | Calcareous Vineyard
Wine Club Manager
Celebrating over 20 years in the wine business, Calcareous Vineyard has carved a name in our community as one of the premier wineries in the area, providing guests with world-class blends and varietals, along with top-notch, friendly service and breathtaking views from atop our west side Paso Robles property.
As a family-owned winery, we are seeking to expand our professional and high-spirited team. We currently have a wonderful opportunity for a motivated, self-starter with excellent communication skills who enjoys engaging with people, providing excellent customer service, and working within a first-class and fun environment.
As Wine Club Manager, you will carry considerable responsibilities that are integral to our continued business success. You will be accountable in the planning and execution of wine club sales and operations, brand representation and financial reporting.
• Provide concierge-level customer service during all forms of communication (telephone, email and in person) with members, customers and colleagues
• Process all Wine Club charges and shipments, along with resolving all declines
• Work directly with our 3rd party shipment fulfillment house during club shipment time
• Handle all ongoing customer maintenance, including adding/editing member information, modifying account status, notating customer interactions, and emailing members
• Design and create quarterly club member newsletters
• Organize and participate in all on-site Wine Club events, and assist in off-site events as needed
• Work with Finance Manager to ensure accurate record keeping, product management and customer transactions
• Create programs to increase and retain membership
• Oversee all posts to social media and update company calendar.
• Accommodate a varying schedule during high activity times of the year, specifically during club shipments
• Oversee and process all e-commerce sales
The ideal candidate will have the following education, experience and qualifications:
• 3 years of high-end wine club experience
• BA/BS degree a plus
• Top-notch organizational skills and ability to multitask well under pressure
• Proven success working in a customer service and/or sales position or industry
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including some nights and weekends.
• Proficient with WineDirect, ShipCompliant, and Microsoft Office – especially Excel
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Passion for people and wine
This is a full-time, exempt position. We are an EOE and offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees.
Submitted By:Calcareous Vineyard
Tasting Room Associate
Jan 19, 2021 | Calcareous Vineyard
Calcareous is a family-owned, premium winery seeking passionate part-time tasting room associates. We are looking for energetic candidates that want to be a part of a small dedicated team to help us create and maintain our welcoming environment. The ideal candidate will need to have previous experience and willingness to learn and grow. Professionals with bartending and/or restaurant experience are highly desirable. Calcareous is looking for out-going and passionate team member that prides themselves on customer service, sales, and building relationships. Candidates must have the flexibility to work weekends and some holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong work and personal ethics
• Eagerness to learn, enthusiasm to host and an endlessly positive attitude
• Greet all visitors and pour wines for tasting
• Create a memorable experience for guests
• Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of winery and its wines
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work closely with others in a collaborate setting
• Provide general tourist information
• Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines
• Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities
• Assist with special events as needed
• Understand and properly process winery specific order requests
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager or Assistant Manager
• Be a professional, personable, and responsible brand ambassador while at the winery and while representing yourself as a Calcareous employee outside of the winery.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Excellent customer service skills
• Self-motivated, multi-tasker
• Wine related experience and knowledge of wines and wine production
• Food Handler Certifications required
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Must share company values: integrity, respect, value creation, compliance, customer focus
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods as required by job duties
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
All resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be accompanied by an introductory letter, resume, and references.
Submitted By:Calcareous Vineyard
Chardonnay for sale priced to sell.
Jan 19, 2021 | Dunning Vineyards Estate Winery
Tasting Room Manager
Jan 19, 2021 | Sixmilebridge
Sixmilebridge, a premier Cabernet Sauvignon and Bordeaux producing winery is looking to expand our onsite team at our brand new west Paso Robles tasting room. We have an immediate opening for a Tasting Room Manager to develop and grow our DTC business. The right candidate should display a proven track record showing: significant sales of wine or other luxury goods, the ability to build a strong visitor count and viable partnerships in the community, respected and motivating people manager, and success in growing an email subscriber list.
• Manage the day to day operations of the Tasting Room which includes tastings and guest relations.
• Collaborate with DTC Manager to determine sales goals, performance goals, and operating budgets for the tasting room.
• Regularly maintenance of reservations to maximize bookable appointments without overextending the staff’s ability to provide exceptional service
• Define and update winery experiences as needed
• Ensure that guest experience is consistent across all staff
• Creative input regarding social media and newsletters alongside the DTC Manager and Social Media consultant
• Oversee an increasing number of tasting room staff and maintain their level of training
• Work closely with team to determine and execute tasting room and allocation events
• Drive the development and implementation of curated events to host throughout the year at the tasting room
• Develop tasting room procedures and train/manage staff to follow them
• Responsible for selling wine to consumers through retail selling channels (tasting room, phone, email, visitor center, events, off-site events, etc.)
• Responsible for regular analysis of sales to determine areas of success and how to grow these areas for increased revenue.
• Maintain inventory at the tasting room and the shipping house in order to complete orders efficiently
• Direct Input on how to expand market reach and traffic
• Minimum of2 years experience managing a Tasting Room.
• Proven people manager with experience leading and motivating teams.
• General knowledge of fine wine; additional consideration for those familiar with Central Coast
• Demonstrated history of exceptional customer service, both in person and via e-commerce channels.
• Strong organizational skills: must be able to multi task and to deliver multiple deadlines across a variety of ongoing projects and can collaborate and lead a team.
• Computer skills and knowledge of Wine Direct, Word, Google Suite, and other software.
• Self-starter with a strong motivation to create sales opportunities in the retail sales channel.
This is a full time, salaried position DOE
please submit resume via email, no phone calls
Location:5120 Peachy Canyon Road, Paso Robles, CA 93446
Stainless Steel Jacketed Tanks
Jan 14, 2021 | Brecon Estate
Due to facility renovation we have the following tanks for sale: 8 already sold, only 2 remain.
1 x 6095 gals jacketed tank ($17,000 each)
1 x 6195 gal jacketed tank ($18,000 each)
Email for specs and pictures.
Submitted By:Brecon Estate
Boswell Style Fermentation Bungs for Sale
Jan 14, 2021 | Brecon Estate
Jan 11, 2021 | Booker Vineyard and Winery
We are heading into 2021 with much anticipation as we are finishing our brand-new tasting room! 12,000 sq feet of wine caves, vinyl lounge, VIP room, bocci ball court, fire pits and more! We are cultivating an experience unlike anything this area has seen, and ready to build the most incredible team to match.
We are looking for team members responsible for cultivating and relaying excellent customer service and experiences.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Resetting and cleaning around tables pre and post customer visit
Carrying glassware to and from the kitchen into the service area
Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the workplace
Assisting service staff with packing and fulfilling orders
Managing tickets so as to ensure that all items in a customer’s order are served to them in a timely and courteous manner
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to remain calm in a busy and high-stress service environment
Excellent personal skills
Ability to multitask and handle problems in an effective way while maintaining a professional demeanor
Ability to work as a teammate
Working knowledge of all menu items so as to assist customers with inquiries
Food Handler’s Certification required, which can be obtained within the first 30 days of employment
Be able to fulfill physical requirements of a Busser/Runner’s job – carrying heavy trays (20 lbs at least) for long periods of time
Must be able to lift 40 lbs
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
Submitted By:Booker Vineyard and Winery
Lenze AC Tech SMVector 1HP Motion Controller Freq Drive Wine Pump
Jan 06, 2021 | Vines on the Marycrest
Lenze AC Tech SMVector Motion Controller // Freq Drive. I purchased this unit to build my own pump, and decided not to. Very near mint condition. Model ESV751N01SXC
ID-NO.13301321 0-500HZ Serial Number 13301321054940942.
1HP Single Phase 120/240 Volts. 0-500HZ Tested, working perfectly.
Submitted By:Vines on the Marycrest
Tasting Room Associate for a Former Navy Fighter Pilot
Jan 05, 2021 | Volatus
Volatus, owned and operated by a former Navy fighter pilot is seeking enthusiastic tasting room attendants to support our tasting room and events. We have a passion for making wine and love sharing our knowledge with those wanting to learn more. During your training with us you will learn the process and history of our wine making so you can share this with our clients, giving them a unique experience and connection to our family winery.
We’re looking for friendly, upbeat personalities who are military friendly, to help us sell wine, wine club memberships and assist with general tasting room operations. You must enjoy interacting with guests especially during busy and crowded times and appreciate wine, possess basic computer skills, the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift a case of wine (50lbs) throughout the course of a day. Shifts available are Saturdays and Sundays with some alternate hour shifts for events and helping with wine club and shipping needs. You will need to be available for holidays that fall on or around the weekend. Pay depends on experience (DOE). Additionally, we have wine club sign up incentives and additional bonuses like industry perks and winery barrel tours for educational purposes.
Please email your resumé to the below address.
Location:3770 Willow Creek Road, Paso Robles
Cellar Worker (Tech 1)
Jan 04, 2021 | Robert Hall Winery
SUMMARY: Assists in all phases of winemaking process, as well as care, maintenance, and sanitation of all equipment and facilities. Candidates should strive to learn something new each day, while being proactive and attentive to crafting high-end wines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Must be able to read and understand work orders.
• Must be able to gauge tanks accurately.
• Must understand and obey all safety and work rules.
• Must be neat and clean in appearance.
• Must learn the following:
a) How to assist unloading of trucks at crop reception.
b) How to make crush additions at crop reception.
c) How to safely and effectively clean crop reception area.
d) How to water back fresh crush pomace.
e) How to rehydrate yeast and inoculate fermenters.
f) How to make fermentation additions.
g) How to pump over red fermenters.
h) How to safely and effectively clean pump over apparatus
i) How to clean and sanitize general winery equipment.
j) How to load bulk trucks as per requirements.
k) How to mix and wine tanks.
l) How to fill and empty wine barrels.
m) How to make additions to and top wine barrels
n) How to operate forklift.
• One to two years’ experience in wine or related industry preferred.
• Ability to work any shift 7 days a week.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have current California driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Regularly required to roll, move, and/or lift 60-gallon wine barrels when needed.
• Must be able to stand, stoop, lean, lift and squat.
• Work long hours during peak periods.
• Climb stairs and ladders
• Ability to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
• Works in wine cellar where temperatures are cool and noise level is usually moderate to high at times.
• Exposed to outside temperatures on a regular basis.
The employee is expected to adhere to all Company, Federal and State Food Safety
Submitted By:Robert Hall Winery
Location:Robert Hall Winery 3443 Mill Road Paso Robles, CA 93446
Summerwood Inn – Inn Keeper
Dec 29, 2020 | SummerWood Winery
Summerwood Inn has an opening for a dedicated inn keeper to join our small, tight-knit team that delivers exceptional hospitality and customer service at our boutique winery inn. This position requires a key individual that will meet our superb standards and strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
• Conduct daily operations, including handling the front desk, reservations and concierge needs.
• Cross-train for laundry, presentation of the public area and turn-down service.
• Assist with any food and beverage provisions offered.
• Attend management and house staff meetings as scheduled.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Management.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
• Must have excellent customer service skills and work responsibility.
• Awareness of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively solve problems.
• Basic math skills required; must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• College or industry training is recommended; food and beverage knowledge helpful.
• Commitment to quality service is essential.
• Friendly and personable with a passion for the details.
Interested candidates may submit a resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and why you would be a great addition to our team!