Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator
Jan 12, 2018 | Calcareous Vineyard
Celebrating over 20 years in the wine business, Calcareous Vineyard has carved a name in our community as one of the premier wineries in the area, providing guests with world-class blends and varietals, along with top-notch friendly service and breathtaking views from atop our west side property.
As a family-owned winery, we are seeking to expand our professional and high-spirited team. We currently have a wonderful opportunity for a motivated, self-starter with excellent communication skills who enjoys engaging with people, providing excellent customer service, and working within a first-class and fun environment.
As Administrative/Marketing Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work in a supportive roll for several areas of the winery including the Tasting Room, the Wine Club and Accounting Departments. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Assisting with administration of the Wine Club, including accurate data entry, new member outreach and emails
* Supporting the Wine Club Manager with Club processing and logistics, which may include call campaigns, packing and shipping, handling special requests, tracking and re-routing packages and member follow-up
* Preparing e-blasts and updating company calendar
* On-site event planning and execution, and with off-site events as needed
* Assisting in the Tasting Room during high-volume periods
* Creating and managing posts to social media
* Assisting the Accounting Manager with data entry and filing, as needed
The ideal candidate will be dependable, hard-working, flexible and enjoy the benefits of working in a fast-paced and exciting environment. Other qualifications include:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Previous Wine Industry experience a plus
* Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office/Publisher/Excel
* Prior experience using WineDirect or other wine software a plus
* Ability to lift 40 pounds
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
Currently, this is offered as a part-time position Mon.-Fri. approximately 30 hours per week; however, we anticipate that this position will grow into a full-time post for the right candidate. In addition, we may require you to work on weekends during special events and holidays.
We are an EOE and offer competitive wages and a benefits package for full-time employees.
Please send resume and cover letter (no phone calls, please) to:
Finance & Operations Manager
Submitted By:Calcareous Vineyard
Location:Calcareous Vineyard - Paso Robles
Quality Technician – Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Jan 12, 2018
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
The Quality Technician is responsible for duties in several areas of Quality Control/Quality Assurance. This position will perform duties in Analytics, Sensory, Micro, Wastewater, and Packaging. The position is part time and will include weekends, variable hours and days.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
•Complete sample collection for fermentation and brewhouse testing
•Ensure general cleanliness of lab and instrumentation; perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment and troubleshoot analytical issues
•Maintain QC Analytical database; includes, but is not limited to data entry, record keeping, trending, data analysis and follow-up with brewing and cellaring teams
•Run routine testing, such as; Bitterness units, color, VDKs, Alcohols, end gravities, pHs, etc.
•Work safely and maintain a clean, safe working environment at all times; understand hazards and utilize the appropriate personal protective equipment
•Assist Sensory Research Analyst organize, run, record and analyze results from 1-2 Sensory Panels per day, a minimum of four days per week
•Maintain the warm and cold beer libraries in an organized, chronological fashion ensuring that it contains samples from all bottle and can products packaged at FWB for a designated time period
•Provide sterile sample containers to packaging staff for micro sampling
•Ensure micro supplies are maintained correctly in order to ensure sterility before use
•Prepare media, sterile water, sterile saline and reagent
•Report on all activities concerning WWTF including smells, lab testing, equipment in need of repair or maintenance, acid dosing amounts, & compressor usage
•Complete package testing for CO2, TPO, DO, HSO, AE, alcohol, density, pH, bottle fill heights, crimp checks, secure seal testing, seam checks on cans, and keg testing and sample collection
•Other duties as assigned
•Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Food Sciences or related field with a minimum two years of college level chemistry
•Prior experience in brewery quality control a plus
•Attention to detail, ability to produce accurate, precise and reproducible data
•Flexibility in shift schedule
•Understanding of scientific principles for quality control and quality assurance
•Ability to perform mathematical and statistical analysis
•Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
•Familiar with standard laboratory instrumentation; pH meters, spectrophotometer, GC, centrifuges, autoclave, microscope, etc.
•Understanding of the brewing process and packaging processes
•Ability to operate in a team environment and ability to manage multiple tasks
•Ability to take initiative, act promptly and be proactive
•Ability to operate and use a PC computer, proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color vision.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please do not email resumes apply via link.
Tasting Room Support
Jan 10, 2018 | Opolo Vineyards
Summary: Opolo Vineyards is looking for a part-time Tasting Room Support to assist Hospitality and Administrative staff to ensure daily operational tasks are executed. This individual will play an important role within a strong team environment and is essential to ensure Opolo provides excellence in customer satisfaction. Potential full-time opportunity for the right individual.
To be successful in the role, the best-fit candidate must have the following skills and leadership attributes:
• Ensure stemware is cleaned and buffed throughout the day.
• Maintain stock levels throughout the day in the Tasting Room -Wine, bags, boxes, glasses, deli items, etc.
• Transport case(s) of wine to customer’s vehicle after purchase.
• Ensure all supplies are stocked in cellar / Conduct weekly supply inventory.
• Transport supplies from storage area to cellar as needed / Maintain appropriate stock levels in the cellar.
• Set up, break down, and maintenance during events.
• Follow opening and closing checklist to ensure all tasks are completed daily.
• Ensure patio area is clean and ready for business.
• Ensure patio area is stocked with firewood for pizza oven.
• Bus and clean tables as guests finish their meals.
• Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, tidying up service area, taking out trash, checking on/cleaning bathrooms.
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Other assignments as needed.
• Regular working schedule to include all weekends and holidays.
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events.
• Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases and retail supplies, setting up for special events).
• Standing for long periods of time (8 hours per day)
• Ability to lift at least 45 pounds repeatedly (case of wine).
• Strong sense of urgency to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
• Works well within team dynamics.
• Ability to multi-task and to work on assigned responsibilities with limited supervision.
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
Submitted By:Opolo Vineyards
Sextant Wines Tasting Room Associate
Jan 10, 2018 | Sextant Wines
Since 2004 our focus at Sextant Wines has been devoted to expanding the horizons of the California Central Coast by creating quality wines that respect their origin, express varietal character and provide value. We honor tradition and embrace innovation in our quest to excel. Sextant Wines was founded in 2004 by Nancy and Craig Stoller when they planted their 110 acre estate property in Templeton, CA featuring Zinfandel and Bordeaux varietals. We produce world class wines that reflect uncompromised quality, by utilizing the unique terroir and climate of the California Central Coast.
The terroir is where the Sextant story comes to life and the tasting room is where it is shared. Friends, Wine Club Members, and wine enthusiasts alike come to experience Sextant Wines. We empower our Wine Stewards to own the guest experience and create a memorable and positive visit for our guests.
We're looking to add, to our already, amazing team. We are highly selective and are looking for the absolute best people to fill out our professional yet fun loving team. What we're looking for in our next Sextant Wines ambassador:
• First and foremost, you must be excited to go out of your way to provide excellent customer service!
• You must be a team player and share the philosophy ‘There is no ‘i’ in TEAM’
• You must be humble, charismatic, dependable, hard-working, and flexible
• You must enjoy connecting with people
• You must be motivated to sell wine and sign up people for our wine clubs
• You must have a smile on your face and a great attitude
• You must love wine & food! (We'll teach you what you don't know, but you need to be passionate to start)
Sextant Wines is a great place to work and we expect a lot. If you think you've got what it takes, please don't hesitate to send us your resume. This is a part-time position that we anticipate will be 1-3 days/week. However, there's always potential for future growth for the right candidate, and it's our goal to grow that perfect someone to a full-time position.
This position requires:
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of general winemaking and viticulture techniques is a plus, however, you must have the ability to acquire specific knowledge of Sextant Wines to share with our guests
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
Hourly | Commission | (Full-Time) Full Benefits
Submitted By:Sextant Wines
Location:Sextant Wines - Paso Robles & Edna Valley
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Jan 10, 2018 | Halter Ranch Vineyard
Halter Ranch Vineyard
Halter Ranch is seeking a full-time, Full Charge Bookkeeper located in Paso Robles, CA. Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles’ Westside Adelaida District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include, but not limited to):
Full charge bookkeeping
Post Daily Sales
General Ledger Entries
Expense Account Administration
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Budgeting and Budget Administration
Payroll and some human resource management
Manage and respond to all chargeback activity for disputed charges
Work closely with Controller on monthly financial reporting package
High school diploma or GED
10 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in the wine industry
Excellent computer skills: MS Word and Excel, QuickBooks, and willingness to learn new accounting software
Pay & Benefits:
This position is a full-time, Monday-Friday. Benefits include: HSA contributions, medical, dental & vision insurance; vacation & sick leave; retirement plan and ten paid holidays per year. Compensation commensurate with experience with pay scale $50-65,000 per year.
Send resumes and cover letter to: (no phone calls please)
Michelle Robles, HR/Admin Manager
Submitted By:Halter Ranch Vineyard
Location:Paso Robles, CA
National Group Sales Manager
Jan 10, 2018 | Allegretto Vineyard Resort by Ayres
REGULATORY REQUIREMENT OF POSITION:
A sales professional, who customarily and regularly works more than half the working time away from the employer’s place of business selling tangible or intangible items or obtaining orders or contracts for products, services, or use of facilities.
The position is classified as exempt from overtime based on the Outside Salesperson definition. In the event less than 50% of work time is spent completing primary outside sales duties, it is the responsibility of the Sales Manager to notify their immediate supervisor. The immediate supervisor will complete a status form to change the status to non-exempt hourly position eligible for overtime and convert the compensation to an hourly wage. The individual will then need to follow the non-exempt wage and hour requirements.
Informing the immediate supervisor of not consistently working more than 50 percent of time in outside sales will not negatively impact your position with the company. Performance will continue to be measured on meeting the performance goals established by the company and updated periodically.
Internal: Sales Management, Administrative Asst., Conference Services and Catering, F&B Management including Group Dining, Restaurant and Spa.
External: All business market segments and industries, their company meeting planners, Groups, guests, potential guests, vendors and community groups/associations.
JOB PROFILE (a summary of key responsibilities and subjective attributes):
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, a multi-tasking self-starting individual who possess solid knowledge and experience in Group, Banquet and Transient sales. Focus primarily on leading the sales efforts in achieving or exceeding personal and property wide annual revenue goals while maintaining the highest level of service and guest satisfaction. Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and be a team player.
This position could be perfect for an EMM looking to grow into a Group Sales Manager.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other associates or guests.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. 2 years Sales Manager experience in the destination market of a luxury resort, with solid experience in group and banquet sales.
2. Sales skills show a proven ability to establish and meet goals for market niches that maximize Resort revenues/profitability. Must be able to translate this productivity to sales staff to achieve goals based results
3. Must be technologically current and Networking knowledgeable in web based selling techniques and can transfer this skill to staff to provide for cost effective sales efforts.
4. Strong presentation skills to represent the property professionally and successfully.
5. General understanding group and leisure sales, promotional and package creation.
6. Proven ability to make sound decisions and take analytical approach to problem solving.
7. Extensive computer skills in word processing, excel, databases, collateral creation and spreadsheets. Microsoft Office applications.
8. Strong organizational, time management and presentation skills.
9. Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure.
10. Articulate, open, and effective written and oral communication skills to present the property professionally and successfully to the marketplace and to our associates.
11. Excellent organizational, planning and follow-up skills.
12. Proven track record of networking and relationship building in the marketplace.
13. Resilient, open minded, flexible, able to think and make intelligent, concise decisions; sense of humor.
14. Knowledge in computer programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Hotel Planner.
15. Emotional maturity and judgment.
16. Solid business skills with the ability to anticipate issues and opportunities, and to develop programs/relationships on a sustained basis.
17. Ability to commit to moderate to medium travel as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
1. Manages relationships with all departments to foster a spirit of cooperation.
2. Development of Group, conference, association and incentive market segments to achieve group goals
3. Group experience to maximize resort offerings and developing stronger length of stay and mid-week opportunities.
4. Maintain a strategic focus that will position the sales efforts in markets in which we will be successfully competitive on a sustained basis.
5. Provide feedback to operations by continuing to maximize the guest experience and ensure the service delivery meets and exceeds the sales promise.
6. Answer inquires for business within established deadlines while maintaining a daily schedule of soliciting new business.
7. Participate in industry events, travel, conducting effective sales trips and representing the property effectively at trade shows, client meetings and business forums.
Submitted By:Allegretto Vineyard Resort by Ayres
Location:Allegretto Vineyard Resort, 2700 Buena Vista Drive, Paso Robles, CA 93446
Cellar II Operator
Jan 10, 2018 | Wild Horse Winery & Vineyards
The Cellar Operator II position tends to the day-to-day operation of Cellar Equipment. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Job Functions:
• Under moderate supervision: Perform Cellar I tasks: Clean & sanitize equipment, apply good housekeeping practices, perform wine movements, top barrels, add chemicals to wine, operate less complex equipment, measure and calculate workplace data.
• Perform moderately complex cellar and barrel tasks including but not limited to assemble blends per Winemaker instructions, add fining agents for clarify wine, etc.
• Operate moderately complex equipment such as lees filter, centrifuge, press, etc.
• Provide feedback to Winemaking, Cellar, and Barrel staff on best practices.
• Understand and be an active participant in the 7S program. (Sort, Set in order, Standardize, Sweep, Sustain, Safety, and Stop).
• Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
• Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member’s safety.
• Communicating effectively
• Building relationships & teamwork
• Customer/ consumer focus
• Initiative and results orientation
• Planning and organizing
• Role expertise
• High School Diploma/ GED
• 2 – 5 years’ Cellar Operator experience
• Must be able to skillfully operate all basic Cellar equipment
• Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as needed
• Must be able to operate machinery
• Must know how to use hand tools
• Must possess basic math skills
• Must be able to use meters
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
• Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
• Travel Required:
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Submitted By:Wild Horse Winery & Vineyards
Wine Host and Server
Jan 10, 2018 | Opolo Vineyards
Summary: Opolo Vineyards is looking for customer service focused Wine Host and Server for our Pairings on the Patio lunch service. This individual will be the first point of contact for guests arriving to the vineyard and will play a key role in delivering memorable experiences in a beautiful vineyard setting. If you are passionate about wine & guest service, come spend your work day alongside the vineyard and enjoy generous employee perks.
To be successful in the role, the best-fit candidate must have the following skills and leadership attributes:
• Greet customers as the arrive
• Take orders from patrons and collect payment
• Serve food and beverages to customers
• Check with customers throughout their visit to ensure they are enjoying their meal and take action to correct any problems
• Communicate with kitchen staff to ensure proper food quality
• Bus and clean tables before and after guests finish their meals
• Stock service areas with supplies
• Follow opening and closing checklist to ensure all tasks are completed daily
• Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, tidying up service area, taking out trash, checking on/ cleaning bathrooms
• Provide guests with information about local areas, including restaurants, activities, and directions
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
• Other assignments as needed
• Regular working schedule to include all weekends and holidays
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
• Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases and retail supplies, setting up for special events)
• Standing for long periods of time (8 hours per day)
• Carrying case(s) of wine to customer’s vehicle after purchase
• Washing wine glasses and dishes to keep a clean work environment
• Ability to lift at least 45 pounds repeatedly (case of wine)
• Must be 21 or older
• Excellent customer service skills
• Outgoing, engaging, and friendly personality
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills including excellent telephone communication, sales and customer service
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
Submitted By:Opolo Vineyards
Wine Club & Event Coordinator
Jan 10, 2018 | Brochelle Vineyards
Brochelle Vineyards is a small, family owned and operated winery, we are celebrating 20 years in business – and we are looking for the perfect addition to our growing team as our Wine Club & Event Coordinator.
We are seeking an enthusiastic self starter . No prior wine experience necessary, we are willing to train the right person.
Our philosophy is to enjoy life, most of all wine, and share that passion with our guests. We are seeking the candidate who is also passionate about wine and is looking for a unique opportunity to experience all facets of the wine business. Our mission is to provide a welcoming, memorable and overall amazing experience to our valued guests and Club Members. If you pride yourself on being able to provide premium customer service, then we would like to meet you!
o Acts as concierge for guests, answering questions and anticipating needs to exceed customer expectations.
o Member support: Responsible for consistent delivery of exceptional hospitality and service to members and guests
Wine Club Execution
o Developing club program concepts, promotional programs and marketing plans with the Director of Sales & Marketing
o Processing orders using Orderport and FORT in compliance with all Federal and State laws
o Organizing and supervising timely, detailed and accurate wine club shipments, reorders, online and phone orders
o Updating database for all costs related to shipping and handling
o Performing weekly inventory counts and reconciling variances in a timely manner
o Monitoring and controlling inventory for Tasting Lounge
Customer Service & Sales
o Developing and tracking results of incentive programs to increase memberships
o Creating sales and on-line promotions with the Director of Sales & Marketing
o Contacting customers by phone to sell limited quantity wines and library selections
o Participating in annual club and direct-to-consumer events
o Ensuring customer and club member database is current and accurate
o Membership growth: In tandem with Director of Sales & Marketing, help to recruit and establish excellent rapport with new members; proactively generating ideas to attract new members and retain existing members.
o Other duties as assigned
o responsible for the logistics of events and group experiences
o coordinating all outside vendors including caterers, rentals, decor, and handling additional deposits including final payment.
o Oversee and assist with setup, perform staff briefing, and monitor timing schedule.
o Support event coordination; assist in planning and executing events.
Self-Starter with the ability to self-manage tasks, work independently and “taking the ball and running with it”.
Dependable, with problem-solving, ‘can-do’ mind set
A true people-person, adept at connecting with customers
Prioritizes tasks, maintains attention to detail, is organized and practices follow-through.
Understanding of marketing luxury products.
Prior wine club experience preferred.
Hospitality experience from hotel, wine club, restaurant, retail establishment, welcome
Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, email, and calendar updates, etc.
Sales experience a plus.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings and to occasionally travel to off-site events
Physically able to lift 50 lbs. cases of wine and to stock merchandise and wine
Please include an email Cover Letter introducing yourself and resume
Submitted By:Brochelle Vineyards
Jan 10, 2018 | Castoro Cellars
Castoro Cellars is looking for an Events Lead! The Events Lead will work in collaboration with Castoro’s management team and owners. This exceptional individual will provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and evaluation of Castoro Cellars events.
Working with internal staff and community members, the Event's Lead is the principal conduit in which all event planning communications are handled.
if interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Carrie at email@example.com
Submitted By:Castoro Cellars
Hiring Servers for the Restaurant
Jan 10, 2018 | Carlton Hotel
La Vista Vineyard, LLC
Jan 05, 2018 | La Vista Vineyard
Tasting Room Associate
Jan 03, 2018 | Rangeland Wines
Tasting Room Associate
Rangeland Wines is a boutique family winery that also raises grass-fed beef and lamb for sale in a boxed, club format. We have just opened a Templeton tasting room, open Thursday - Saturday, 11 to 5. Initially, our Tasting Room Associate will work 20 to 30 hours per week. This position may soon expand to full time for the right candidate, including responsibility for events, club marketing and management. Wages commensurate with experience.
• Lead tastings for walk ins and appointments, sharing information about the wines, the specifics of the vineyard, and the story of the brand.
• Operate POS system, create shipping invoices, and confidently handle customer questions
• Daily inventory counting, sales reconciliation, restocking, and cleaning
• Administrative duties related to shipping, mailing list, data entry and appointment scheduling
• Maintain an organized, clean work environment
• Help organize and coordinate all wine club events
• Work with owners to develop the yearly tasting room and wine club calendar for events
• Coordinate and execute social media campaigns and daily/weekly updates
• Create and nurture industry relationships: hotels, restaurants, wineries, tour operators, etc.
• Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, or written correspondence
• Wine serving experience
• Interest in sustainable agriculture and grass-fed meats
• Polished customer service skills and good judgement
• Self motivator with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel, knowledge of VIN65 (sales and wine club management software) a plus.
• Wine knowledge plus strong interest in continuous wine education
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 40 pounds
• Must be able to stand for long periods behind a tasting counter or at events
• Must be available to work weekends (primary hours 10-6, Thursday-Sunday)
• Must be 21 years of age
Submitted By:Rangeland Wines
Location:225 S. Main St., Templeton
Tasting Room Attendant
Jan 03, 2018 | Asuncion Ridge Vineyards
We are a boutique winery specializing in Pinot Noir and eclectic red blends. We are currently looking for a new member for our hospitality team to cover part time hours, special events, and vacations. Previous tasting room experience is preferred and compensation is competitive, with wine club acquisition bonuses. Your schedule could include weekdays and weekends/holidays. Key responsibilities include:
-Promote sales of wine, merchandise and Wine Club memberships
-Open and Close Tasting Room, including register open and closing
-Introduce our Winery Story to new customers, engage with and provide top level customer service to all customers and Wine Club Members
-Maintain cleanliness and order in the Tasting Room
-Respond to phone, written and email correspondence by customers and others
-Maintain stock of wine and merchandise and organize appealing displays
-Assist with on-site and off-site events as required (both inside and outside venues)
-Assist with Wine Club functions including data entry and packing/shipping
-Other duties as assigned
If you are an enthusiastic supporter of the Paso Robles Wine Region, and familiar with local attractions, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Submitted By:Asuncion Ridge Vineyards
Location:725 12th Street, Paso Robles
Part time Tasting Room
Jan 03, 2018 | kukkula
kukkula is a small family run, dry-farmed, organic vineyard/winery and tasting room in the Adelaida AVA. We are looking for an addition to our tasting room team for 15-20 hours per week. This is a part-time position and will require you to work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Compensation is $15 per hour to start, plus wine club commissions. An ideal candidate will have some basic wine knowledge and will be enthusiastic about learning more and passing this on to our customers.
You will need to:
• Communicate kukkula’s unique benefits to guests
• Promote and sell wine club memberships
• Master our POS system and work comfortably on the computer/ipad to process orders, payments and wine club sign-ups.
• Maintain an organized and clean tasting room.
• Assist with shipping and wine club maintenance.
Candidates must be at least 21, have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and stand for extended periods of time.
Location:9515 Chimney Rock Rd., Paso Robles
Tasting Room Attendant Part Time
Jan 02, 2018 | Hunt Cellars
We are seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, customer service focused individual to join our team. Hunt Cellars Winery is a family owned winery known for their award winning wines in Paso Robles for the past 20 years. We are a small team and work on all facets of the tasting room including sales, inventory, club shipments, education, events and more. A great growth opportunity for the right individual.
JOB TITLE: TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
•Present, pour and educate the customer on selected wines for tasting
•Represents the company and brand, professionally and graciously
•Effectively sell our wine and promote the wine club
•Share knowledge of our winery, wines and family story
•Prepare the tasting room for opening & closing
•Assist with inventory and wine stocking
•Maintain cleanliness of the facilities
•Assistance with office administration tasks
•Ability to operate POS accurately and efficiently and handle accounting of daily sales
•Assist with special events
•Effectively communicate in a professional and engaging manner
•Ability to multi-task and stay positive in a busy environment with competing priorities
•Strong customer service, verbal and communication skills •An enthusiasm to share wine knowledge with others
•Knowledge of wines, wine production and the wine industry is a plus
•Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
•Professional appearance and demeanor
•Proficient computer skills •Team Player •Self-motivated, takes initiative to complete tasks within a timely manner •Must be at least 21 years of age
•Ability to work weekends, holidays, and some evenings
This position offers 6-8 hours Saturday and Sunday with some Fridays, Mondays and holidays. We offer a competitive hourly compensation plus commission/bonus, vacation pay.
Please submit cover letter and resume attention Marina at email@example.com
Submitted By:Hunt Cellars
Dec 20, 2017 | J&L WINES, INC.
J&L Wines is family owned regional wholesale distributor of wines and alcoholic beverages based in Paso Robles, California. We have been locally owned and operated since 1981 and distribute to the finest licensed retailers throughout California’s Central Coast and Central Valley.
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, and detail-oriented Office Manager to join our team in our Paso Robles office. Our busy, customer-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency and time management. The Office Manager will be responsible for administering accounting procedures, purchasing & inventory controls, product setup and maintenance, office staff supervision and task delegation. We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
This position is full-time, work hours M-TH, 8am-4:30pm and FR 8am-3pm.
1. Administers ongoing general and company accounting practices, principles and policies.
2. Administers and monitors company Human Resources requirements and programs.
3. Creates, monitors and closes Purchase Orders with our internal database.
4. Responsible to maintain product master and set-up, costing, pricing and programming for designated suppliers within the company’s guidelines.
5. Monitors and maintains product pricing database by verifying and updating FOB’s, freight rates, DA’s and SPAs.
6. Provides high level administrative support to the company management which may include special projects, preparing presentations, etc.
7. Provide marketing support with production and maintenance of supplier presenters, Point of Sale materials and the company website.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
• A bachelor degree or equivalent
• 3 years minimum accounting or office management experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. This position requires a great deal of interaction with a variety of people within the company as well as with customers.
• Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Adobe software experience a plus.
• Highly organized, attention to detail and follow-up. Ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple projects.
• Cooperative and friendly. Able to accept work from a variety of people and maintain a positive and motivated attitude.
• This position requires a professional manner in meeting the needs of both suppliers and external customers.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must have the ability to handle frequent interruptions and telephone calls and return with full focus to the task at hand.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative, professional manner.
• Uses multi-function telephone with ease and efficiency.
We offer excellent benefits and competitive salaries in a wonderful environment in which to work.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted By:J&L WINES, INC.
Phone:Please no phone calls
Dec 20, 2017 | DAOU Vineyards & Winery
Classification: Exempt, full-time
Reports to: SVP
At DAOU, we are more than a winery- we are a people business in the wine industry. We are made up of a group of committed individuals dedicated to the common goals of creating first-growth wines from the Adelaida district of Paso Robles, elevating the standards and expectations of the wine industry and developing a secure and ideal work environment.
At DAOU Vineyards & Winery, DAOU Mountain stands alone at an elevation of 2,200 feet, rising from the heart of the Adelaida District AVA in the rugged coastal range west of Paso Robles. Once hailed by industry winemaking icon, Andre Tchelistcheff, as a promised land, this is the next frontier of world-class Cabernet Sauvignon. It is here that the DAOU family has created a destination luxury estate winery, grounds and hospitality center. DAOU Mountain has become a magnet for luxury wine lovers and travelers seeking to experience a truly unique, elegant and superb expression of Cabernet Sauvignon and other Bordeaux blends.
The Wine Club team is responsible for providing world-class Member engagement designed to excite and inspire. The disruptive spirit and vision of our founders, coupled with the breathtaking setting and amazing, award-winning wines, set the perfect stage for the right candidate to harness all of their luxury industry and club experience, wisdom, passion and relationships and contribute to the success story of DAOU Vineyards & Winery.
The ideal candidate will be the heart, hands, mind and voice that bring the DAOU Membership experience to life, while developing a team of Member-first focused, innovative and empowered Associates.
The Wine Club Manager will focus his/her time on developing a strong team, place a strong emphasis on engaging Members via Relationship Management, achieve the overarching sales and retention goals, and work as a leader to inspire and achieve this behavior and results.
As a leader at DAOU, this emotionally intelligent person will foster and create a positive, teamwork focused environment to ensure that DAOU is the employer of choice in the wine industry at all levels.
Summary of Duties:
Best-in-Class Member Relationship Management
• Implements and executes a 360 degree approach to Guest and Member experience management to drive long term engagement and loyalty.
• Acts as the face of the wine club at all Member events, in Tasting Room and in the community.
Financial Strategy and Sales Management
• Responsible for strategy to increase membership, extend retention, build emotional connection and achieve Wine Club and ecommerce sales goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Responsible for planning, preparation, and completion of wine club shipments
• Responsible for wine club and ecommerce sales performance, including overall budget performance, monitoring sales trends, managing costs and adjusting business strategies as needed to meet target revenue goals and results set by SVP
• Evaluates effectiveness of programs by performing reviews and auditing customer feedback on a quarterly basis. Implements changes as needed to reach plan and objectives.
Team Engagement, Training, Support, and Education
• Coaches and develops Associates so they represent the highest level of expertise available in the wine industry with an emphasis on customer service, wine education and gracious hospitality.
• Lead by example to provide daily, hands-on leadership to the team
• Exemplifies values of an agent of positive change who is flexible, nimble, and works well under pressure
Operations & Systems Support
• Works with the fulfillment team on inventory management and club fulfillment.
• Develops all wine club and ecommerce sales, outreach and programming calendars on a monthly/annual basis in line with tasting room, events, marketing, and wholesale activities
• Maintains ownership, and understanding of wine club/ecommerce budget on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Works to constantly streamline and improve business operations through on-going process and people management
• A strong, emotionally intelligent leader who is capable of inspiring and engaging others
• Restless innovator who desires to foster a culture of creativity and positivity, and creates disruptive ideas that result in evolution and growth.
• Has passion for, and pursues the knowledge and skill required to deliver unparalleled results
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with experience as a positive change-agent
• Professional demeanor and leadership presence that inspires others to grow
• Experience with luxury brands
• Proven sales management skills with a track record of delivering positive business results
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in wine club or membership related industry
• Familiarity with US common carriers and shipping policies.
• Knowledge of CRM, POS and database systems
• Thorough understanding and/or genuine interest in luxury wine business and terminology
• Ability to lift, move, and carry wines—up to 65 lbs
• Pay: DOE
• Position: full time